8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Cam Meredith is coming off of an ACL so we hope that is all still true.

This system requires 3 WRs that can all run vertical routes. The TE passing game the RB passing game it is all based on the fact that they can clear underneath space on both sides of the field.

We are going to need a couple serious upgrades.

Agree completely. Pace will have to buy at least 2 WRs in FA, maybe 3. And all need to have deep speed. No WR on this roster fills this need.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

But it isn't Massie or Young.

The OLB options are not great. We can want one at 8, but we cannot force it.

Doesn't need to be an OLB at #8...trading down would of course be best but even at that the OLB options in the 2nd looks deep.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Trading down is a dream that will more than likely not come true.

The 2nd round seems like an obvious spot to trade down and add more mid round picks.

We don’t really have any players that would generate even late round picks.

Knowing how Pace values volume in his picks and likes to move around the board I think we trade down at least once to recoup the rest of what we traded away in the Trubisky trade up last year. If possible I’d like to see him trade down in the 1st and 2nd. I think round 2-3 is a real sweet spot for value this year where we need it. If we can turn 8 and 39 into something like 13, 44, 48 & 84 (1 for 1/2, 2 for 2/3) that’d give us an influx of cost-controlled potential long term fixes and 2018 contributors at a bunch of need spots. 

22 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Knowing how Pace values volume in his picks and likes to move around the board I think we trade down at least once to recoup the rest of what we traded away in the Trubisky trade up last year. If possible I’d like to see him trade down in the 1st and 2nd. I think round 2-3 is a real sweet spot for value this year where we need it. If we can turn 8 and 39 into something like 13, 44, 48 & 84 (1 for 1/2, 2 for 2/3) that’d give us an influx of cost-controlled potential long term fixes and 2018 contributors at a bunch of need spots. 

I think it is hard to get value trading down in the 1st unless you are auctioning off a QB.

You need something significant on Day 2 to make it worth downgrading out of the top 10.

Trading Down in the 2nd should net the Bears at least a 4th and 5th round pick, which have been good rounds for Pace.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I think it is hard to get value trading down in the 1st unless you are auctioning off a QB.

You need something significant on Day 2 to make it worth downgrading out of the top 10.

Trading Down in the 2nd should net the Bears at least a 4th and 5th round pick, which have been good rounds for Pace.

I expect there to be a QB there at 8 for whom someone may want to trade up as of today. If AZ, WSH and BUF all fill their needs in FA or by trade then that can definitely change. Darnold and Rosen will be gone but I think there’s a real chance Allen is still there, and I expect Mayfield to be there too. 

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Trumaine Edmunds from Virginia Tech interest me a lot.

6'5" 250lbs and has been used all over the defense including 6 sacks this season. Super athletic and only 20.

Him and Marcus Davenport are guys to watch for.  I can see Pace falling in love with this Davenport kid due to his size/strength, athleticism and ability to rush the QB.

According to some league execs he is not getting out of the top-15 when all is said and done.

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Trumaine Edmunds from Virginia Tech interest me a lot.

6'5" 250lbs and has been used all over the defense including 6 sacks this season. Super athletic and only 20.

He looks bigger than 250.  what round you ideally taking him in?

On 1/17/2018 at 6:59 AM, bkokot said:

Wouldn't it just be easier (and less expensive) to find a Center who can play in the draft or FA? Then we don't spend months arguing about if a Guard is worth a top 10 pick...

Maybe that’s how it winds up, but I think January is too early to rule it out. Everything is still so fluid. We’re so wrong about so much this early every year...

2013: No way Jonathan Cooper goes before the 20s.

2014: Nobody picking before the Bears will want Aaron Donald.

2015: Randy Gregory and Shane Ray are lock top ten picks.

2016: Tunsil definitely goes #3 to the Chargers and Jack Conklin won’t go top ten.

2017: Jamal Adams at #3 is definitely the way to go.

2018: ???

15 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Maybe that’s how it winds up, but I think January is too early to rule it out. Everything is still so fluid. We’re so wrong about so much this early every year...

2013: No way Jonathan Cooper goes before the 20s.

2014: Nobody picking before the Bears will want Aaron Donald.

2015: Randy Gregory and Shane Ray are lock top ten picks.

2016: Tunsil definitely goes #3 to the Chargers and Jack Conklin won’t go top ten.

2017: Jamal Adams at #3 is definitely the way to go.

2018: ???

I am still salty about letting Aaron Donald get away.

Archived