8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

6 hours ago, Blaize4488 said:

You'e probably right. Benefits us either way though. I really hope 4 QBs go before our pick. I don't think it's unrealistic either. 

That would mean 3 non-QBs picked, likely Chubb, Minkah, and Barkley also being picked.

Leaving us Nelson, Jackson, Davenport, and Edmunds to pick from. Hell yeah I'd be pumped.

Anybody have a really good game of Trumaine Edmunds to watch? I watched him vs. Miami yesterday. Kind of felt like he was jack of all trades, master of none kind of guy.

Then again, I felt the same way I did when I watched Anthony Barr and Bud Dupree, so maybe my wires are just crossed.

4 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Anybody have a really good game of Trumaine Edmunds to watch? I watched him vs. Miami yesterday. Kind of felt like he was jack of all trades, master of none kind of guy.

Then again, I felt the same way I did when I watched Anthony Barr and Bud Dupree, so maybe my wires are just crossed.

That's what I have seen too, but he is young and talented enough he may be able to become a stud at whatever he is coached up to be. He sadly doesn't get allowed to rush the passer very often.

Against BC he was asked to mirror the QB a lot and drop into coverage, but several times he makes a run read and even if he doesn't make the play he turns the RB back to the pursuing defenders. He only really rushes a few times, looks like he is told to contain as a priority as he usually keeps his outside arm free, but when he does get to pin his ears back he has solid closing speed. Gets to sidelines really well and doesn't show dead feet, he reads and reacts pretty quickly for being so young. Plus he doesn't shy from lineman, he goes  right at them.

He isn't a finished product, no doubt, but to me he is checking off a lot of boxes.

On 2/17/2018 at 8:59 PM, Sugashane said:

That would mean 3 non-QBs picked, likely Chubb, Minkah, and Barkley also being picked.

Leaving us Nelson, Jackson, Davenport, and Edmunds to pick from. Hell yeah I'd be pumped.

I’ll bet dollars to donuts Ward is right in the thick of that group. I know I’ve said it before but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him be the fastest player next week and maybe even sub 4.3

50 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

I’ll bet dollars to donuts Ward is right in the thick of that group. I know I’ve said it before but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him be the fastest player next week and maybe even sub 4.3

He very well might. The strength coach was FLA's while Meyer was there and said he was explosive as anyone he worked with. There's some elite athletes to compare with. 

5 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Hes also going to measure in at 5'9" and maybe even less.  I think people are getting way out in front of their skis on Ward

14 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes also going to measure in at 5'9" and maybe even less.  I think people are getting way out in front of their skis on Ward

See and I think he comes in a hair above 5’10” and weighns in more than Lattimore last year. I’d bet money he goes top 12. 

1 hour ago, pigsooie5 said:

See and I think he comes in a hair above 5’10” and weighns in more than Lattimore last year. I’d bet money he goes top 12. 

For what it's worth, Rivals had him at 5'11" (I don't think he's that tall) so I'm hoping he's close to 5'10".

9 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

There’s no doubt about the Bears are in a really tough spot at 8. I’m hoping either a crazy run of 4 QBs happens in the top 7 or someone picks an extremely out of the box player no one expects which in turn bumps a guy down 

I don;t think they are in a tough spot at all.  With many needs they are in a prime position to get truly the best player available due to the amount of QBs that may go ahead of them and if there isn't a run on QBs then they could also trade down if some other team blows them away with an offer.  A good spot to be in IMO.

Archived