1 hour ago, G08 said:

In no particular order:

Minkah Fitzpatrick

Quenton Nelson

Clellin Ferrell

Roquan Smith

Joshua Jackson

Solid list.

I dislike Roquan Smith being the same size Myles Jack though. He will be a hell of a player IMO, but there's no way his size doesn't work against him at times.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

In no particular order:

Minkah Fitzpatrick

Quenton Nelson

Clellin Ferrell

Roquan Smith

Joshua Jackson

Nelson will feel like a wasted pick for me if that happens.  An offensive guard as good as he is doesn't have a great of an impact on the game as other positions. 

1 minute ago, Rogerthat said:

Nelson will feel like a wasted pick for me if that happens.  An offensive guard as good as he is doesn't have a great of an impact on the game as other positions. 

I think Sitton is probably a goner and this dude has the size to play T as well. An interior if Nelson/Whitehair/Long is pretty damned good... but I agree honestly, I'd rather address pass rusher or corner.

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think Sitton is probably a goner and this dude has the size to play T as well. An interior if Nelson/Whitehair/Long is pretty damned good... but I agree honestly, I'd rather address pass rusher or corner.

it would be more prudent if the bears move whitehair to guard and sign a free agent center.  There are a several good FA C's and you wouldn't have to burn a top 10 pick on a guard.  Pace needs to make a splash and drafting a guard doesn't do it for anyone.  Talent of Nelson is unquestionable but the position value is zero.      

54 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Solid list.

I dislike Roquan Smith being the same size Myles Jack though. He will be a hell of a player IMO, but there's no way his size doesn't work against him at times.

Smith is far more physical than Jack was.

17 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

it would be more prudent if the bears move whitehair to guard and sign a free agent center.  There are a several good FA C's and you wouldn't have to burn a top 10 pick on a guard.  Pace needs to make a splash and drafting a guard doesn't do it for anyone.  Talent of Nelson is unquestionable but the position value is zero.      

I see your point but have to disagree some. We had 7 chances at a TD in the goal line last week and couldn't get it. The pressure up the middle was a massive reason. I feel like we are in a solid cap spot and I don't want to see Sowell play another down, so I am willing to keep Massie and have him as a reserve swing T or try him at guard while we have a new RT. It isn't a sexy pick, but I wouldn't argue it much. I'm at the point I want to keep Massie and Sitton, re-sign Kush, and add to the talent of the line. Let Massie and Sitton go in 2019 after an influx of talent this year and next in the draft.

That being said, I would much prefer EDGE, CB, OT, or trade back even a spot or two if there is a small group of people graded out similarly.

46 minutes ago, G08 said:

I still maintain our line would have been better with Whitehair at RT and Massie at OG. But Nelson could absolutely play RT I believe.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Smith is far more physical than Jack was.

Of course he is, but I've seen Lewis, Willis, and Kuechely get rolled who are (or were) all very physical and MUCH better suited physically to fight the run. Smith isn't going to be spared of that, he is going to get washed out due to his size. More often then not he will get through due to his speed and physicality though.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Of course he is, but I've seen Lewis, Willis, and Kuechely get rolled who are (or were) all very physical and MUCH better suited physically to fight the run. Smith isn't going to be spared of that, he is going to get washed out due to his size. More often then not he will get through due to his speed and physicality though.

Yeah but saying you dislike him simply cause of his weight is a bit far when you consider the guys above were only about 10-15lbs heavier than his list weight...I would expect Smith to show up at the combine around 235lbs which is more than enough for an NFL linebacker today.

27 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Every linebacker is going to get washed quite a few times throughout their career. That shouldn't stop you from taking what appears to be a good football player at his position. 

For much the same reason I loved Jamal Adams last year but understood why we took Mitch, the same line of thinking should apply here. The name of the game is get your QB, protect him, and hit their QB. ILB just isn't as impactful as what would appear to be similarly graded OTs and EDGE prospects. 

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah but saying you dislike him simply cause of his weight is a bit far when you consider the guys above were only about 10-15lbs heavier than his list weight...I would expect Smith to show up at the combine around 235lbs which is more than enough for an NFL linebacker today.

Ah, I see what happened.

I didn't say I disliked him, I said I dislike his size. I said right after that that he was going to be a hell of a player.

Normally I'm not big on ILBs going top 10, but I would be fine with Smith at 8.

Archived