8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Ah, I see what happened.

I didn't say I disliked him, I said I dislike his size. I said right after that that he was going to be a hell of a player.

Normally I'm not big on ILBs going top 10, but I would be fine with Smith at 8.

Like Smith a bunch as well and wouldn’t be upset but there will be prospects with equal grades at bigger need positions than ILB at 8 and I’d rather we go there. 

I’m also higher on Kwiatkowski than most. I think he’s a solid player with good instincts already who will continue to get better. I think ILB is a depth need for us, not a starter need. 

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Like Smith a bunch as well and wouldn’t be upset but there will be prospects with equal grades at bigger need positions than ILB at 8 and I’d rather we go there. 

I’m also higher on Kwiatkowski than most. I think he’s a solid player with good instincts already who will continue to get better. I think ILB is a depth need for us, not a starter need. 

Yep. There are more pressing needs, at higher impact positions.

I am hoping Kwiatkowski continues to improve. I thought from college he would have been better at adjusting, but it is simply a different speed in the NFL. Maybe he will be ready to take over in one more year.

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Yep. There are more pressing needs, at higher impact positions.

I am hoping Kwiatkowski continues to improve. I thought from college he would have been better at adjusting, but it is simply a different speed in the NFL. Maybe he will be ready to take over in one more year.

Yep I just can't see us going for a MLB at the 8th pick. I'm still hoping we can get a OL player or with all this QB talent coming in maybe even trade down and get 2 firsts.

27 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Yep I just can't see us going for a MLB at the 8th pick. I'm still hoping we can get a OL player or with all this QB talent coming in maybe even trade down and get 2 firsts.

Would you prefer to trade down to the first with someone like AZ or LAC, or trade with BUF where there are two first rounders this year?

Just now, Sugashane said:

Would you prefer to trade down to the first with someone like AZ or LAC, or trade with BUF where there are two first rounders this year?

For sure 2 first rounders this year. We need to have a home run draft to really push us to the next level in 2018. If we could get an OL/CB/WR with our first 2 picks we could really push ourselves to at least 8-8 next year assuming Mitch makes the correct progress.

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

For sure 2 first rounders this year. We need to have a home run draft to really push us to the next level in 2018. If we could get an OL/CB/WR with our first 2 picks we could really push ourselves to at least 8-8 next year assuming Mitch makes the correct progress.

That would be ideal for me as well, the only issue is that the BUF picks are both in the 20s. A pair of firsts this year and a third next year would be awesome.

9 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Through three drafts, there's no precedent for Pace trading down in the 1st round.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, but if we're playing the odds here...

All depends on how the board shakes out... if you've got a clump of talent on your board and you receive a solid offer AND you know at least one of those dudes will still be available when you pick? Do it.

33 minutes ago, G08 said:

All depends on how the board shakes out... if you've got a clump of talent on your board and you receive a solid offer AND you know at least one of those dudes will still be available when you pick? Do it.

We need the redskins to resign cousins forcing the Broncos to draft a QB.  browns, giants, broncos, jets take QBs ahead of us.  You have one QB with a first round grade sitting there at 8.  Bills and Cardinals will have to bid for the spot.  bears could get really lucky.  There might be a first round market for a trade after all.  I still remain highly skeptical of a trade down but events might favor the bears in the QB/trade up market.

17 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

We need the redskins to resign cousins forcing the Broncos to draft a QB.  browns, giants, broncos, jets take QBs ahead of us.  You have one QB with a first round grade sitting there at 8.  Bills and Cardinals will have to bid for the spot.  bears could get really lucky.  There might be a first round market for a trade after all.  I still remain highly skeptical of a trade down but events might favor the bears in the QB/trade up market.

Another interesting scenario is if the Raiders make Carr available for trade. Some rumors that he and Gruden may not be a good fit for each other. And with the down year Carr had, Gruden may use it as justification to go in a different direction.

Just now, IronMike84 said:

What if Pace trades up to five for a pass rusher or offensive lineman?

Like I said, he could trade back, absolutely. But I’m going off of track record.

I won't rule it out, Pace said in his presser they're glad to have 7 picks, but with him also having a history of trading down in the second, maybe they plan to trade up in 1, trade down in 2, and come out as a net even. If Chubb is there at 5 it could happen.

4 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Another interesting scenario is if the Raiders make Carr available for trade. Some rumors that he and Gruden may not be a good fit for each other. And with the down year Carr had, Gruden may use it as justification to go in a different direction.

I though the Raiders players hated Carr for standing and praying during the anthem and not kneelers like the others. 

Trading Carr would be a Raiders type move. probably trade him a late 4th to boot

4 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I won't rule it out, Pace said in his presser they're glad to have 7 picks, but with him also having a history of trading down in the second, maybe they plan to trade up in 1, trade down in 2, and come out as a net even. If Chubb is there at 5 it could happen.

this is more likely than a trade down in the first.  Pace Jumps the bucs and drafts Chubb

Archived