Ted Thompson stepping aside from GM role/Will be in new position in Packers FO

GOGRIESE

This really isn't surprising. I remember this possibility being mentioned last year when the Niners interviewed Wolf/Gutenkunst. Those two thought they had a shot at the GB GM job once Thompson stepped down. I believe the article stated Thompson just wanted a lower regional scouting job once he was done being the GM. 

25 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Packers fans should be happy, new GM, and new DC. This will be an interesting offseason for GB, can't afford to waste Rodgers career anymore than they have.

They’ve won a super bowl, went to three nfc championships,  and playoffs 8 straight years under TT. I’d hardly call that “wasting”. Winning Super Bowls isn’t exactly easy as should be evident for a Vikings fan.

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Man you get the pointed.. 1 sb is a disgrace! to this generations supposedly greatest QB. That's some Joe Flacco type of run. 

You make it sound like Rodgers is 40 years old and ready to retire.  He isn't done yet.

2 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

They’ve won a super bowl, went to three nfc championships,  and playoffs 8 straight years under TT. I’d hardly call that “wasting”. Winning Super Bowls isn’t exactly easy as should be evident for a Vikings fan.

Look at the defenses he's had to do it with. Subpar to poor since 2011. Might have been even more success for GB if the defense was better.

7 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Man you get the pointed.. 1 sb is a disgrace! to this generations supposedly greatest QB. That's some Joe Flacco type of run. 

1. He's not. 

2. He played his entire career with Brady and Brees in the league and all but 2 with Manning all of who accounted for 4 Super Bowls in his 8 years as a starter. 

3. He's had good teams 

14 minutes ago, El ramster said:

In all fairness, it's not like Rodgers didn't make his own bed with most of those early playoff exits. You'd have to go back to '09 against Arizona to find a playoff game in which he played at his typical level and the Packers still lost.

Just now, Starless said:

In all fairness, it's not like Rodgers didn't make his own bed with most of those early playoff exits. You'd have to go back to '09 against Arizona to find a playoff game in which he played at his typical level and the Packers still lost.

Was that the year Fitz went bananas in the post season?

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

Uhh you serious?

Just now, Starless said:

Yeah, that was the 51-45 OT game.

IIRC there was a fumble! In which he didn't fumble that led to them losing..

Either way it's many of years ago.. And yeah i can agree with you.. Even last year there was a stat out there

that his numbers were comparable to Maziel. 

Archived