Ted Thompson stepping aside from GM role/Will be in new position in Packers FO

GOGRIESE

1 minute ago, Stevein2012 said:

That's just the way it's usually done.  The HC hires/fires his own staff.  If the GM is having to fire the HC staff members then that HC is probably not long for the organization.

See this is what I disagree with. Teams don't always just follow rank. In fact, most probably don't. Everyone just assumes that the crap just rolls downhill in every situation but I don't believe that to be true at all. Not in every instance I don't. Especially when the GM has spent over decade with the same organization. 

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Got it, so you agree with Cwood that "Most everyone recognized that TT's draft success had slipped in recent years."

So do I.

In fact, most everyone recognizes that Ted's slippage as a drafter, coupled with his near complete lack of free agent activity and refusal to make player trades, is what led to a roster that had a 3-8 record without Aaron at QB in 2017.

Thank goodness Murph decided enough was enough and Ted's time was up.

Go Pack Go.

no, i'm disagreeing with you (3rd time now)

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Veteran Packers reporter Bob McGinn, who left the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel last year and started his own online publication, reports that the removal of Ted Thompson from the G.M. position in Green Bay happened at the behest of the team. Specifically, the 45-member Board of Directors instructed CEO Mark Murphy to remove Thompson from the job.

McGinn points to “public images” of Thompson and “some recent interaction” with team executives as the impetus for the move, listing various factors that contributed to the conclusion that Thompson’s health prevents him from continuing in the job.

McGinn’s article delves into specifics that, indeed, would make Thompson unfit to continue in such a demanding job. It’s unclear what the issue is, but the concern generally relates to his ability to properly focus.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/02/report-board-of-directors-instructed-murphy-to-remove-thompson-from-g-m-job/

Ted getting dementia...?

26231596753_d0e82e15c2_o.png

He's had it since college then

Mcginn is a butthurt little baby because Ted shut off all his access he used to have. He always resented him for it and he's still such a child he needed to take his parting shot.

Ted's got dementia, GIVE HIM A SENOR LEADERSHIP ROLE.

Rot in hell McGinn lol

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Mental gymnastics...jeezus.

It doesn't take much intelligent thought to figure out what he's saying.

I won't go any further than that. Not worth my time.

Packer fans, of the 3 or so discussed replacements for TT, who is your clear cut favorite?

All the Vikings fans in this thread in a tie are my favorites. They know everything to do and to fix this pathetic franchise!

10 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Code for .... I have no responsibilities .... and I will officially leave the organization at the quietest time in the offseason.

He's openly discussed moving back to a pure scouting role after his GM days were over for a while now because that's what he enjoyed most. 

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

See this is what I disagree with. Teams don't always just follow rank. In fact, most probably don't. Everyone just assumes that the crap just rolls downhill in every situation but I don't believe that to be true at all. Not in every instance I don't. Especially when the GM has spent over decade with the same organization. 

Fwiw Ted has said in the past those hirings and firings are Mike's to make.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

If Ted really does have dimentia, I will lay off on the guy.  That's nothing to make jokes about.  Sorry.

No. Has he had it since college? That's him, in college. He's a dopey strange dude but that expression out of him is not new. He did it 30+ years ago. It's almost identical ffs.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

No. Has he had it since college? That's him, in college. He's a dopey strange dude but that expression out of him is not new. He did it 30+ years ago. It's almost identical ffs.

He IS a little bit different, that's for sure. 

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

He IS a little bit different, that's for sure. 

Well he's pretty old. It doesn't mean his brain is fried. I'm amazed how many people, Packer fans, bought that McGinn article without any thought. Journalism has no standards or checks on it anymore. TMZ nation.

Vikes had that SB roster in place without a QB. With the Eagles losing Wentz and the SB in Minny this yr, they really need to strike while the iron is hot and win this season. Stars aligned for them this yr but it's still hard to see them winning multiple postseason games with Case friggin Keenum

Archived