Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Anyone else think the plan is already in place and has already been slowly and or partially implemented in the last year or so ?

It just seems like the Packer way - especially with TT sticking around. Everyone was already here - just gonna get a shuffle - albeit not a minor shuffle

Yes.

Murphy has been quoted as saying he has a succession plan for Ted's departure, as he should.

Moving folks already in the organization up, and consigning Ted to a meaningless role during the final year of his contract, is just expediting the process.

Have to think Murphy along with McCarthy felt they had to act sooner rather than later after all the rot on Ted's roster was exposed for all to see.

Wow.. what a day! I'm glad TT is staying with the Packers, he deserves it regardless of what some people think.  I'm sure he will be happier in his new role, it is what he loved doing. 

Can we go wrong with any of the 3 internal candidates? They all sound good. Anyone able to break them down and compare them at all?

Just now, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Me and you jfin.  Let's be the anti-Gutenkurst or whatever his name is guys.  EVERYTHING that doesn't work, we will hammer him on.  

I WANT HIM OUT

we gonna start hella anti- Gluten Klod threads & further ruin our online reputations. We sink on this ship together tho amigo. 

@CWood21 if you're gonna warn one of us, gotta warn us both bro, we're one entity now in our glutenshetd hate

Associated Press reports Ted Thompson will be transitioning more toward the marketing side of things. Press conferences, commercials, fan parties, and anything with a speaking role to further his passion of relaying information to the fans and the press

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

I WANT HIM OUT

we gonna start hella anti- Gluten Klod threads & further ruin our online reputations. We sink on this ship together tho amigo. 

@CWood21 if you're gonna warn one of us, gotta warn us both bro, we're one entity now in our glutenshetd hate

Gluten Klod and glutenshetd lolol

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Associated Press reports Ted Thompson will be transitioning more toward the marketing side of things. Press conferences, commercials, fan parties, and anything with a speaking role to further his passion of relaying information to the fans and the press

I genuinely laughed at this. I can only imagine TT at some glad handing event.O.oO.o

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Someone needs to do a supercut of Ted's best moments as GM. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I hope like hell not, you don't take a guy who's doing what he does best and put him in a new role. Keep him focused 100% on our cap. Wolf/Gute only for me.

Same. Ball is one of the best contract guys in the league with some of the deals he puts together. I want him to stay right where he is. 

Archived