Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

3 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

I WANT HIM OUT

we gonna start hella anti- Gluten Klod threads & further ruin our online reputations. We sink on this ship together tho amigo. 

@CWood21 if you're gonna warn one of us, gotta warn us both bro, we're one entity now in our glutenshetd hate

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I want in.

Let's do it boys... But you had better not warn me, blame it all on Norm.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Cynic in me says that Wolf's last name is going to see him get the job in a nepotism league. I have nothing to back that up and have no way of judging his work in the various roles he's had. 

I had an immediate flashback to Wolf announcing draft picks. Maybe those were 'his' picks ? Still think the plan has already been decided upon and just a matter of when they decide to report the details

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I hope like hell not, you don't take a guy who's doing what he does best and put him in a new role. Keep him focused 100% on our cap. Wolf/Gute only for me.

i feel like you involve Ball on the personnel/scouting side only if you plan to test his aptitude for it to gauge him as a GM later. Depending on how he did (I suspect well, he is highly thought of) he seems like a better candidate than Wolf. I don't know enough about Gute, however, to form an opinion there.

*I reserve the right to like Gute more than Ball for the spot ;)

23 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Surprised there isn't more outrage over this, considering all of the people who were big fans of Thompson. 

It isn't like he's leaving the organization.  For all we know he could stay in an advisory role.

24 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

Doesn't that one Schneider guy have an out clause to GM Green Bay? I'd like to see Elliott get it tho

I don't think he has an out clause with the contract he recently signed but I could be wrong...

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

It isn't like he's leaving the organization.  For all we know he could stay in an advisory role.

I can't find the quote but he's said he wanted to go back to a scouting role eventually

1 minute ago, Pugger said:
25 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Surprised there isn't more outrage over this, considering all of the people who were big fans of Thompson. 

Slinky doesn't get nuance. TT fans (myself included) have been saying for years we'd love to have him in some sort of significant consulting/advisory/scouting role when he feels his time as GM is up.

This is essentially exactly what his biggest fans have viewed as an ideal scenario for forever.

Archived