Wild Card Round Thread: Eagles are Bye Curious

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, jonu62882 said:

I almost want that more than an Eagles win.  The Rams fans (you know who) are arrogant, little pricks on here.

Listening to DougieP, he didn’t confirm he’s sticking with Foles.  He might pull him and get Studfeld in there sounds like if they come out sputtering.

What did he say? 

13 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

1 hour ago, jonu62882 said:

I almost want that more than an Eagles win.  The Rams fans (you know who) are arrogant, little pricks on here.

Listening to DougieP, he didn’t confirm he’s sticking with Foles.  He might pull him and get Studfeld in there sounds like if they come out sputtering.

What did he say? 

but then

So it's between the Falcons, Panthers and Saints. Who would you like to see among the 3?

My gut says Falcons because we can apply pressure to Ryan rushing our front 4. Force mistakes which he's prone to do. However Julio scares the Smitt out of me. The Duo at RB is dangerous despite our Rush Defense. So they wouldn't be one Demensional.

Carolina on the other hand has the best Defense of the 3 and a Running Cam Newton. Cam as a Passer doesn't scare me in the slightest. I've unfortunately seen more Panther games then I've wanted living in NC, Cam has the accuracy and touch of a Two year old! Everything is a bullet a laser. Something that might be a issue in a cold , nasty Linc? We can shut down that Running gm, have already. Only question is, can Foles move the ball on that Defense?

Add the fact If we did lose to the Panthers I'd never here the end of it and I don't want that possibility in my life, Give me the Falcons I guess but an Eliminated NO Saints! 

Panthers, then Falcons, then Saints.
Panthers we've already beaten at their house and I think our front 7 can contain Cam. He sucks as a passer when pressured.
I'm less confident on the Falcons because our secondary stinks and they have Julio Jones. They have too many weapons to feel comfortable against, even with their "down" year.
And of course the Saints with a HoF QB and a well-rounded team.

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Im not trying to ses the Saints. I give the Eagles the smallest chance with that matchup

Though I do wonder how they'd fare outdoors in Philadelphia. I still think they crush us but maybe the elements could keep it close.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Though I do wonder how they'd fare outdoors in Philadelphia. I still think they crush us but maybe the elements could keep it close.

Didn’t they beat us a few years ago?!  Now, they have a stronger run game and defense to go along with their HOF QB...

2 hours ago, Phire said:

Why are the Eagles so doomed lol. 

When other things in your life start turning sour, this always gets added to the list of issues too. It matters, and it's a real thing, unfortunately. 

But we all know curses can eventually be lifted. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Simms

11 hours ago, Phire said:

Why are the Eagles so doomed lol. When was the last time a team got a first round bye and lost their MVP quarterback right before playoffs...

In 1990, Simms was having one of his finest seasons, leading the NFC with the highest quarterback rating (92.7)[32] and the Giants to an 11–3 record. But his season was cut short due to a broken foot suffered in the fifteenth game against the Giants' eventual Super Bowl XXV opponent, the Buffalo Bills. The Giants went on to defeat the Bills 20–19 in the Super Bowl with Jeff Hostetler filling in at quarterback.

Lets hope history repeats itself.  We need Nicky Hostetler to bring us home.

Archived