Opponents for next season (2018) announced

Mid Iowa

This won't be an easy schedule either.

We'll face the AFC North and the NFC East

Steelers and Browns at home - Ravens and Bengals on the road.  
Eagles and Redskins at home - Cowboys and Giants on the road.

We'll have the Rams at home - Vikings on the road.

And of course the Falcons, Buccs, and Panthers each at home and on the road.

9 playoff teams. Another "earn it" season.

42 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

This won't be an easy schedule either.

We'll face the AFC North and the NFC East

Steelers and Browns at home - Ravens and Bengals on the road.  
Eagles and Redskins at home - Cowboys and Giants on the road.

We'll have the Rams at home - Vikings on the road.

And of course the Falcons, Buccs, and Panthers each at home and on the road.

9 playoff teams. Another "earn it" season.

Looks like a 8-11 win season depending on the offseason and schedule layout.  I say 3-1 vs the AFC North, 2-2 or 3-1 vs the NFC East, split the Vikings/Rams games and 4-2 or 5-1 in the division

8 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Welp, gonna stop drinking now.. only way I’ll survive next season is if I take a break now

Don't get too hasty, we have playoffs coming this weekend and you'll need a drink. You can quit after this season and will have plenty of time to refresh your liver/body in time for OTA's and training camp.

Aside from that, your comment is pretty good advise.

I dont get to caught up in a future schedule... Sure it looks tough on paper but no one knows how a team will look until the day you play them. Injuries, coaching changes, lost players, ect can and will all be factors.

Look at the Giants... Most would have figured that to be a tough game for a team if they were on your schedule for 2017 until all the above took place for them. The Packers game had most of us calling that a loss until Rodgers went down the week before. A game that looks like a win for us could be lost if we suffers those issues. 

I get it, its fun to look ahead and im sure the strength of schedule will be high based on these teams 2017 success but the NFL truly is a year by year busniess. 

21 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I dont get to caught up in a future schedule... Sure it looks tough on paper but no one knows how a team will look until the day you play them.

My thoughts exactly. I try not to really think about the SOS of next season until about training camp.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 3:40 PM, whodatworm23 said:

I dont get to caught up in a future schedule... Sure it looks tough on paper but no one knows how a team will look until the day you play them. Injuries, coaching changes, lost players, ect can and will all be factors.

Look at the Giants... Most would have figured that to be a tough game for a team if they were on your schedule for 2017 until all the above took place for them. The Packers game had most of us calling that a loss until Rodgers went down the week before. A game that looks like a win for us could be lost if we suffers those issues. 

I get it, its fun to look ahead and im sure the strength of schedule will be high based on these teams 2017 success but the NFL truly is a year by year busniess. 

This gives you an idea of what your expectations should be going into the season but is by no means a be all, end all verification.  Based on the current landscape, we can get a general idea of where we should be.  Then when the schedule comes out it will give us another idea, and once the preseason is over we'll have even more of an idea, then finally it's minute by minute each week as injuries can happen at anytime.

I guess I like to look at the future schedule as a bit, and I stress "a bit" like we do our division. We can adjust some of the talent we go after (draft, FA) based on what our general opponents have in store for us, talent wise.

There's certainly a tie between having AJ Klein & Tedd Ginn Jr. and sweeping the Panthers.

Archived