What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

There are two threads in the Vikings Forum: One for Case and one for Teddy, yet I still can't accurately gauge what the majority of you wants our QB situation to be like.

If it comes down to one or the other, who do you want?

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Well, one thread was over 100 pages, which generally means the start of a new thread. 

Not anymore.

I think there is a need to have a specific Case vs. Teddy thread, which leaves the other threads free to be specifically about each QB and not comparing the two.

I don’t believe that either QB is worth an eight figure salary, at this point, and I’m not a fan of paying a QB $15M-$20M just because someone says that’s what the position is worth. I’d rather keep drafting a QB and pay a rookie salary (until you actually find someone worth that ~$20M salary). 

Use that money to focus on re-signing the guys who are truly talented players, and core pieces of a championship caliber team. 

I think a thread like this is needed to debate the two QB's.   I have no issue with our team handing out an 8 figure contract if that QB wins us our first Superbowl this year.      

I could also see our team bringing back both QB's next year, Case getting the big contract and Teddy getting a back up contract.   I don't think the market is going to be there for Teddy this offseason.  He's way to much of a question mark with his injury. 

17 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

I have no issue with our team handing out an 8 figure contract if that QB wins us our first Superbowl this year.

So, you’re ok with a potential Joe Flacco situation? 

Contracts are supposed to be given based on what you expect a player to do for you going forward, not based on what they’ve done. 

This will be a real interesting discussion to me in a few weeks. For now, I am still not even ready to cast my vote in a poll between the two of them. I do think that when the time comes there should be options for Sam Bradford, a free agent, and a draft pick. People that vote for free agent or draft pick would have to explain who and what resources they would be willing to invest into the acquisition.

I really like what Case has been doing for the Vikings this year but I still have a very open mind about next year. I wouldn't commit to either of them until I see what happens in the playoffs. The strongest statement of my opinion I can make in this thread right now is that Case Keenum would be the leader in the clubhouse for me. I have no idea what he'll be asking for or what the other options will be looking for.

Generally, I believe at this position you pay whatever you need to pay for what you believe to be the best option but if you aren't sold on either and can only give one of them 5:4 odds of being better than the other next year compensation becomes a factor.

At this point, I love them both but I am not sold on either Teddy or Case for 2018.

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

So, you’re ok with a potential Joe Flacco situation? 

Contracts are supposed to be given based on what you expect a player to do for you going forward, not based on what they’ve done. 

I would love to have a Joe Flacco situation since that means we won the Super Bowl. 

6 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

This will be a real interesting discussion to me in a few weeks. For now, I am still not even ready to cast my vote in a poll between the two of them. I do think that when the time comes there should be options for Sam Bradford, a free agent, and a draft pick. People that vote for free agent or draft pick would have to explain who and what resources they would be willing to invest into the acquisition.

I really like what Case has been doing for the Vikings this year but I still have a very open mind about next year. I wouldn't commit to either of them until I see what happens in the playoffs. The strongest statement of my opinion I can make in this thread right now is that Case Keenum would be the leader in the clubhouse for me. I have no idea what he'll be asking for or what the other options will be looking for.

Generally, I believe at this position you pay whatever you need to pay for what you believe to be the best option but if you aren't sold on either and can only give one of them 5:4 odds of being better than the other next year compensation becomes a factor.

At this point, I love them both but I am not sold on either Teddy or Case for 2018.

Those were going to be my options also.  If we are going to pay Case 18 mil a year, why not shoot for a different FA QB?  Or, at least seriously consider it.

Archived