2019 Draftable RBs--Who Would You Take

Just Want A Title

2 hours ago, GetDownandDirty said:

One of the reasons I like Royce Freeman is I think we can get him in the 4th round. I like a few of the other big name running backs, but I wouldn’t want to waste any of our 1st 3 picks on a runningback, rather get better talent at other positions. 

You said second you would do a couple weeks ago...

Rockcity is tough because he's hyper critical and will barely spill out a name he's in love with. Right now I know he likes DT Vita Vea from Washington, who isn't a bad player imo.

I don't get his point either really but I noticed Ronald Jones in the first round and I'm not sure I like him that much or at all.

I'm torn on the type of RB we need. 

Part of me thinks we need the power back that can break some tackles like Chubb, since none of our backs can.

but I also think we have not had a burner in so long where the defense would have to crowd the line in fear of a rb taking it to the house which makes me think a back like jones or love would be good. Make the safeties choose how ey want to get beat. 

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, Millenhater said:

I'm torn on the type of RB we need. 

Part of me thinks we need the power back that can break some tackles like Chubb, since none of our backs can.

but I also think we have not had a burner in so long where the defense would have to crowd the line in fear of a rb taking it to the house which makes me think a back like jones or love would be good. Make the safeties choose how ey want to get beat. 

I think Derrick Henry would be a good example of what we should be looking for in a RB. He has the size to be a power back and can generate tough yards. He ran a 4.54 at the combine (which is pretty great for a 240+ lb person) and will not just blaze by everyone like Chris Johnson. However, he is very explosive and can break away for large gains as well. We tried to find that burner guy in Abdullah. We already have Riddick that can do that job equally if not better.

On 2018-01-08 at 9:58 AM, Karnage84 said:

I think Derrick Henry would be a good example of what we should be looking for in a RB. He has the size to be a power back and can generate tough yards. He ran a 4.54 at the combine (which is pretty great for a 240+ lb person) and will not just blaze by everyone like Chris Johnson. However, he is very explosive and can break away for large gains as well. We tried to find that burner guy in Abdullah. We already have Riddick that can do that job equally if not better.

I think Derrick Henry is a good example of the type of back the Lions need.

On 2018-01-08 at 5:18 PM, Louis Friend said:

I'd rather not wait until 2019 and draft a RB this year. Derrius Guice would be ideal at #20. 

I like Guice as well.

I'm gun shy on running backs due to the Lions inability to draft one that’s  effective. So many pieces required for a running attack. Scheme, blocking ability and a quality back. Hopefully coaching changes and free agency can fix the line play.

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I like Guice as well.

I'm gun shy on running backs due to the Lions inability to draft one that’s  effective. So many pieces required for a running attack. Scheme, blocking ability and a quality back. Hopefully coaching changes and free agency can fix the line play.

How much of our run game issues do you think were attributed to injuries vs bad play? Lang and Wagner were both battling injuries for a large amount of time. Should we be in good shape provided they can stay healthy or do we need to find replacements?

Just watched a couple highlight vids. What do you guys think of LJ Scott, MSU? He's likely a Round 4-6 guy with good size. Seems to get involved in the passing game a bit as well. I like Josh Adams but he was running through lanes the size of a highway. Would be interested to see some more tape on him. Scarborough actually showed a little more burst than the other two guys. Guice was on a different level. I just have concerns about investing in a 1st round RB, especially based on recent history. The Chiefs seemed to have forgotten Kareem Hunt was on their roster for a third of the season and he still finished with the rushing record.

14 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

How much of our run game issues do you think were attributed to injuries vs bad play? Lang and Wagner were both battling injuries for a large amount of time. Should we be in good shape provided they can stay healthy or do we need to find replacements?

That’s a good question. We really didn’t get to see the line intact and healthy. If nothing else they certainly need higher quality depth. Injuries happen.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, diehardlionfan said:

I like Guice as well.

Jahvid Best played pretty well before all the concussions caught up with him.  You cannot win in the NFL today without a run game. Look at Dallas without Zeke. Look at the Jags, Bills and Titans in the postseason. Their QB play has been God awful.

QB: Matthew Stafford/Jake Rudock

RB: Derrius Guice/Ameer Abdullah/Zach Zenner

WR: Marvin Jones

LT: Taylor Decker

LG: Graham Glasgow/Joe Dahl

C: Travis Swanson/Graham Glasgow

RG: T.J. Lang

RT: Rick Wagner

TE: Eric Ebron

WR: Kenny Golladay/T.J. Jones

SLOT: Golden Tate/Theo Riddick

Archived