My opinion of Nick Foles....

Medicine

I am going to start off by saying that I was never a fan of this goof and that I think he is a complete bum. He can't run, he can't take pressure, he can't complete a pass and as of late he can barely catch a snap without fumbling it. What I can't get my head around is the fact that there are so many people who like this guy and will defend him to the death after every sucky performance we see of his. I am tired of reading comments and hearing people on the radio defending him with the same old "It wasn't all Nick Foles fault" or "....but but  27 TD 2 INT" or " but but he's got a huge ****" Truth of the matter is that our offense was fine until this doofus stepped on the field... Don't expect our receivers to catch a ball thrown from a guy who can't throw let alone catch a snap. I  heard some moron on the radio call in and claim we will be better in the Playoffs with Foles rather than Wentz because he has "Experience" ... Can't make this stuff up.

Someone on here please explain to me why so many people in this city remain loyal to this guy and continue to believe in him and defend him at every cost when it is clear as day he absolutely positively sucks....

P.S. That Hot wife of his is with him for the money.

4 hours ago, Medicine said:

Truth of the matter is that our offense was fine until this doofus stepped on the field... Don't expect our receivers to catch a ball thrown from a guy who can't throw let alone catch a snap.

Wait so you mean there's a noticeable difference on the field from a MVP Candidate and his Back up ? Color me shocked!! ?

Kelce is responsible for the majority of the mishandled snaps, hell he was doing that to Carson as well. Blame him??

"Someone on here please explain to me why so many people in this city remain loyal to this guy and continue to believe in him and defend him at every cost when it is clear as day he absolutely positively sucks...."

27TD and 2 INT.

which means he's proven to at least be "capable" of great QB Play. Which in some eyes (mine included) can give a player a little leeway. Meaning there's at least a semblance of "hope" it can happen again. Albeit very little!

LOLLLL.

Not everyone defends Foles and no one on this board is delusional enough to think we are better off without Wentz. Foles has received a ton of criticism on here and rightfully so, but at the end of the day there are worse backups in the NFL. Hopefully he can figure it out in the playoffs and get us to the NFCCG somehow. The reality is we are losing in the divisional round of the playoffs, it is what happens when your MVP candidate at QB gets hurt.

Welcome to the forum. I think we need to set two things straight.

First, I don't think people are blindly loyal to Nick Foles. If they are, I think it's jokingly, like many have done here with our Nick Foles avatars. We don't seriously think he's great. We know he's a backup. We know he's limited. We know he's not as good as Carson Wentz. We know all this. If anyone is legitimately a Nick Foles believer then they are a casual fan who you shouldn't expect to have an honest and informed discussion with. 

Second, the support isn't really for Foles, but for the Eagles. We're 13-3. You don't go 13-3 often. We have no other choice at QB (Sudfeld ain't getting a playoff start). So what are we supposed to do? We have a first round BYE and a home playoff game. Nobody expects us to win, and they shouldn't. We've suffered major injuries at the most important positions in football. It's like people want us to get in the fetal position and cry about it.

It's not Nick's fault he's starting. But he is. And he's the QB for a 13-3 team with a first round BYE and at least one home playoff game. It's just more fun to enjoy the ride and hope for the best rather than get upset that Nick's our starter. It is what it is.

Looks like Doug and the coaching staff are finally going to try and tinker the offense so that it fits Foles strengths. Read an article today that Doug was watching film from Foles' best games.

It's going to take a miracle to make a deep playoff run with Nine Inch Nicky - hopefully Dougy P can pull off making him look competent. I suspect that we'll see a lot of quick throws to a first read option/play action passes.

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

Looks like Doug and the coaching staff are finally going to try and tinker the offense so that it fits Foles strengths. Read an article today that Doug was watching film from Foles' best games.

It's going to take a miracle to make a deep playoff run with Nine Inch Nicky - hopefully Dougy P can pull off making him look competent. I suspect that we'll see a lot of quick throws to a first read option/play action passes.

What exactly are these "strengths"? Height? Impressions? Doug gonna unveil the Napoleon DynaFoles formation?

11 hours ago, Phire said:

Welcome to the forum. I think we need to set two things straight.

First, I don't think people are blindly loyal to Nick Foles. If they are, I think it's jokingly, like many have done here with our Nick Foles avatars. We don't seriously think he's great. We know he's a backup. We know he's limited. We know he's not as good as Carson Wentz. We know all this. If anyone is legitimately a Nick Foles believer then they are a casual fan who you shouldn't expect to have an honest and informed discussion with. 

Second, the support isn't really for Foles, but for the Eagles. We're 13-3. You don't go 13-3 often. We have no other choice at QB (Sudfeld ain't getting a playoff start). So what are we supposed to do? We have a first round BYE and a home playoff game. Nobody expects us to win, and they shouldn't. We've suffered major injuries at the most important positions in football. It's like people want us to get in the fetal position and cry about it.

It's not Nick's fault he's starting. But he is. And he's the QB for a 13-3 team with a first round BYE and at least one home playoff game. It's just more fun to enjoy the ride and hope for the best rather than get upset that Nick's our starter. It is what it is.

standing-ovation.gif

43 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What exactly are these "strengths"? Height? Impressions? Doug gonna unveil the Napoleon DynaFoles formation?

Hell of a back foot passer

Doug is going to implement 20 yard drop backs into the offense

15 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

I think this bye will help with extra reps to his recievers. the problem with foles right now is that he has no chemistry with anyone on offense. 

Keep telling yourself that....haha

I hope you are right but I have no faith that it will help Foles not suck 

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Keep telling yourself that....haha

I hope you are right but I have no faith that it will help Foles not suck 

he's shown in the past (recently NYG game) that he can ball. I don't know what kind of funk he is in but for the sake of all of us, i hope he gets it back on track. We just need him to manage the game dammit

Archived