My opinion of Nick Foles....

Medicine

Apparently Doug is re-evaluating Foles and will tailor the offense to his strengths. They tried running the same system Carson did and obviously Nick just doesn't have the intermediate accuracy that Carson does, or the quick decision-making, or the pocket awareness to let the longer developing routes develop, or make 4th and 5th reads without going all "back foot Foles." 

You just have to let Nick dink and dunk. Let him run the Dak Prescott offense. Easy, short routes that require no chemistry. No science. Just dump the ball off and let our guys go to work. 

Just now, Danger said:

So sick and tired of this incessant negativity. Why can't people just be hopeful.

Sounds like me during the bye week while we were hottest team in the league, but my Eagles bravado was wrong knowing now that Carson would eventually get hurt (from what I'm told). 

But yes, we're all fans and love our team.

Unfortunately, the "I told you so" crowd wants to be right so bad because they "know we won't advance far" this year. That crowd includes our haters and some Eagles fans. 

However, if we do advance, those same "I told you so" Eagles fans will be excited to see us advance. Really odd. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2018 at 12:17 AM, furti said:

Nick Foles stats in 2017 including the playoffs. If he has a game like his average production, we definitely have a chance to beat the Pats.

http://pfref.com/tiny/zz4kS

People (Eagle Fans included) have been obsessed over one poorly played game ( offense as a whole) vs the Raiders. I don't care about the 1 QT vs the Girls. 

Right now Foles is doing basically what Eli and Joe did to win their SB's. Playing Efficient QB. Not making mistakes, converting 3rd downs and moving the chains.

That's really all we should be asking for. Not him being the next Brady, Montana or Rodgers. Anything remotely close to that type if play is gravy.

Foles was 14-5 with a 100.7 rating between the end of his rookie year to when he was traded. (15-5 if you count long relief)

• 42 TDs to 13 picks (3.23 to 1)

Foles is now 5-1 with a 98.5 rating between leaving the Rams and now. (6-0 if you count long relief and don't count exhibition games)

• 11 TDs to 2 picks (5.5 to 1)

Which part of his career is a fluke? I myself will go with the Jeff Fisher part.

This guy is playing like a Hall of Famer when no dinosaurs are involved in the offensive game plan.

You can bet your life that Belichick thinks he is a very good QB.

Archived