• Lamar Jackson
    • Nick Fitzgerald
    • Drew Lock
    • Luke Falk
    • Mason Rudolph
    • Riley Ferguson
    • Jarrett Stidham

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If the Vikings are able to keep Shurmur, and they re-sign Keenum, you might, might be able to convince me to draft Josh Allen at the end of round one. But no chance I’d trade up to get him. 

Oh, I'm probably not trading up either, at least not far. The hope would be if he had a questionable combine/pro day, and he falls to 25 or lower. Basically what we saw with Teddy. And I think that's very possible. But it wouldn't scare me from drafting him.

I like Mayfield but I think Lamar Jackson would fit in better with our locker room. He's 6'3 216 pounds and can run very well. Give him a couple years to learn how to read defenses and work on his accuracy. He'd be a huge problem for the teams we played.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

I like Mayfield but I think Lamar Jackson would fit in better with our locker room. He's 6'3 216 pounds and can run very well. Give him a couple years to learn how to read defenses and work on his accuracy. He'd be a huge problem for the teams we played.

Maybe even throw on a little more weight.

I keep wondering if Buffalo would avoid him with their 2 picks in the 20's, due to the TT experience.

I think we'd need to climb above Pitts to catch a falling QB.

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Why does a first rounder have to unseat Keenum right away? Why couldn’t Keenum be the starter for a year or two, while the rookie learns? Kansas City didn’t draft Mahomes with the expectation of him unseating Smith. 

Mae all know how important the QB position is, so why intentionally go after a less talented player? 

Is everyone giving up on Sloter already?  We turned down multiple trade deals for him before the trade deadline, correct?  Not that I am a cheap-skate and don't want to invest inthe QB position or anything...

Just now, perrynoid said:

Is everyone giving up on Sloter already?  We turned down multiple trade deals for him before the trade deadline, correct?  Not that I am a cheap-skate and don't want to invest inthe QB position or anything...

Yes. With this roster and how quickly windows close on team's chances to win in the NFL, I'm not risking it with Sloter.

1 minute ago, golf333333 said:

Yes. With this roster and how quickly windows close on team's chances to win in the NFL, I'm not risking it with Sloter.

It that is the case, then why not trade him for future draft capitol?  We are short some picks, and he definitely had trade value.  Why hold on to him then?

2 minutes ago, golf333333 said:

Not sure how any GM could justify placing faith in an undrafted QB as the future with absolutely no regular season experience.

I know so little of the QB class this year. How do they compare to Teddy coming out?

5 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

I don’t know that anyone has given up on him, we just don’t see him as QBOF, but if he hangs around long enough and continues to improve, who knows?

11 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

It that is the case, then why not trade him for future draft capitol?  We are short some picks, and he definitely had trade value.  Why hold on to him then?

There are players on every roster every year who could be traded because they aren't every day players but still aren't traded. Maybe because his value as a 3rd string/backup type QB is higher than the value of the pick we would receive if he would be traded...? We can sit here all day and say he had trade value, but obviously that wasn't the case. He's being held on to because what was offered for him is less than what he brings to the team, not because he's in the plans as a future starter.

Archived