Michael Floyd - signs elsewhere
Tramaine Brock - signs elsewhere
Jerick McKinnon - signs a three year deal
Bishop Sankey - signs elsewhere
Shamar Stephen - signs a two year deal
Kai Forbath - signs a three year deal

Free Agents:
Jay Bromley - DT and thee year deal
Jon Bostic - LB depth and a two year deal without much money being guaranteed so they can get out of it whenever

Draft:
1st - Billy Price, OG, Ohio State
2nd - Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
3rd - Andrew Brown, DT, Virginia
5th - Jaylen Dunlap, CB, Illinois
6th - Cam Serigne, TE, Wake Forest

Reasoning for this off season:
Do extra work on the offensive line and get Keenum locked up to get Lamar Jackson up and running eventually. I'd prefer a QB like Baker Mayfield personally and I also considered Nick Fitzgerald, but that might be a mid round pick with the chance to become a very good starting QB.

Re: Emmanuel Lamur ... has anyone seen anything from him much this year. I'm asking sincerely. I think he is not worth a new contract, as I don't think he offers more then what is behind him still on rookie scale contracts.

Also, if Sam and Teddy are both signing elsewhere, I would likely not sign FAs that would effect the draft pick compensatory formula (much)

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Re: Emmanuel Lamur ... has anyone seen anything from him much this year. I'm asking sincerely. I think he is not worth a new contract, as I don't think he offers more then what is behind him still on rookie scale contracts.

Also, if Sam and Teddy are both signing elsewhere, I would likely not sign FAs that would effect the draft pick compensatory formula (much)

Only signing a QB would impact the comp pick formula for Sam/Teddy.

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Does retaining own free agents impact the draft formula? I'm actually not sure.

Just wondering, what if Case got tagged ... and not signed till later (after the cutoff date) for example.

Do you mean the compensatory pick formula? If so, retaining own free agents does not impact the formula other than the fact that by retaining them they cannot count as a qualifying loss.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Do you mean the compensatory pick formula? If so, not retaining own free agents does not impact the formula other than the fact that by retaining them they cannot count as a qualifying loss.

This is exactly what I thought.

Retaining Case, would not negatively effect the comp pick formula, whereas losing Teddy and Sam would both "positively" effect the comp pick formula

Archived