2017 Postseason Discussion Thread

iLikeDefense

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I love Sean Payton’s offense. Why can’t we have an OC from his camp? Payton’s and Arians’ offenses are sick. 

To be fair, though, the O were easily stymied once they got to the playoffs (or couldn't make the playoffs with a brutal D).  The difference is their OL and run D and pass D are all so good.   Brees is a master in spreading it around though, CAR took away their elite run game, so he went old-Brees mode. 

Them losing both their OG's today, one for season (Peat) is going to really test them going to MIN and that elite D.   NO being weak to the run and covering RB's will also be tested, McCaffrey was criminally underutilized all season long.  I'd expect McKinnon will get a big target-share next week.

NO-MIN should be an epic battle.  

I thought the best game was the Chief vs. Titans (shockingly exciting even outside the bad ref calls). I thought Mariota was aweseome...why can't that guy be available right now? Dude three pretty well outside of an errant INT...other than that he was slinging it pretty good...running it really well...and laying out blocks.  

58 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I'm going anyone who isn't New England. 

That shoud be a given. I have never liked one thing about NE Patriots from their kardashian like media coverage to their it’s easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission mantra.

18 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I'm going anyone who isn't New England. 

They will be hard to beat next week in Cheatsboro if they get the same timely help from the refs that they did last night. However, they will be playing against either the Killer B's or Sacksonville, not Mike Mularkey and Marcus Mariota.

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

They will be hard to beat next week in Cheatsboro if they get the same timely help from the refs that they did last night. However, they will be playing against either the Killer B's or Sacksonville, not Mike Mularkey and Marcus Mariota.

God I wish we could combine Jacksonville and Pittsburgh.  I don't even want New England in the superbowl. 

36 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

The Saints just got Rahim Moore’d 

I can honestly say that was 10x worse.   Just wrap him and it’s over.  Plus we still had several shots to win after.  

Feel awful for NO fans we all know what this feels like.  

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I can honestly say that was 10x worse.   Just wrap him and it’s over.  Plus we still had several shots to win after.  

Feel awful for NO fans we all know what this feels like.  

I just think its funny 3 out of the 4 teams left adopted Denvers 2015 mantra and they have amazing front 7's and defenses. We get that along with a qb and we're in great shape.

42 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I just think its funny 3 out of the 4 teams left adopted Denvers 2015 mantra and they have amazing front 7's and defenses. We get that along with a qb and we're in great shape.

Those 4 teams are also way more complete than we are.    We are nowhere near our 2015 roster depth - DE ILB OL and when bench strength are such huge holes.   Phi is great in their OL and front 7 along with 3-RB a top 3 TE to go with Agholor / Jeffery, while Min is truly a top 3 D and boast  skills guys are just deeper overall.   Jax run game and their D just kills it - they pulled 2 4th down mini Rahim Moores with the Bryant and 2nd Brown TD (the last TD was just meaningless).   Those 2 Brown TD’s and the 1st Bell TD they were blanketed - you just tip your cap to both guys 9/10 times they are incompletions. 

On paper ppl are salivating for NE’s chances to get to SB52 now but the Jax D matches up really well with NE as they generate front 4 pressure with great CB play.   Our 2015 formula.  Much like our 2015 D Pit might have been the scariest matchup for them  with AB/Bell.   As great as Brady / Gronk are JAX D likely controls them better than having to account for both AB/Bell.   Their run game is way better ...if Fournette is ok.  That’s a huge blow if he’s not 100 percent for next week.   The X factor is Bortles - not accurate at all and used to make boneheaded plays.   Now he’s smarter but just not accurate at all.   He has to account for at least 2 scores with his legs and/or arm (plus Fournette output) for Jax to win IMO   

Min-Phi should be great if ppl love D.   In the end it probably boils down to which QB makes the most plays and avoids awful mistakes (that earlier 2H pick almost doomed Min if they had lost that would have been called the turning point).  

Archived