The Tottenham Hotspur thread - London's best.

kempus

Nice win over the weekend, under difficult circumstances. However, the stadium situation is getting embarrassing. Further delays, forcing EPL and NFL games to be moved to Wembley. Not good enough. The club needs to get a handle of it. Lots of bad press surrounding the club atm, with the no transfer criticisms too.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm delighted that Son was able to win the Asian games with South Korea, last night. Winning gives him the exemption from having to serve the mandatory 2 year military service. Delighted that Spurs get to keep him, which is a massive boost, but also for him that he will be able to continue his career unhindered. Having to take 2 years away would have been a death sentence for his career at the top of the game.

• 1 month later...

We have been shocking, a shadow of the team from the previous couple of season., Yet we are only 1 point off top. I dont know if I should be deleriously happy or terrified of our current position.

Poch needs to quickly find a way to get us out of 1st gear because we wont continue to grind out results.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, kempus said:

Another disappointing loss against one of the other big 6 sides. At this point, I would neither be surprised or particularly care if Poch leaves. We have regressed a disgusting amount in the last year. 

Saw today that Spurs needs to take out a new £237million loan to cover stadium costs. At least speaking from Arsenal's experience, this does seem to be setting up for some lean years/player sales to try and manage the stadium situation. Brexit seems to have really screwed Spurs on that front. 

7 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Saw today that Spurs needs to take out a new £237million loan to cover stadium costs. At least speaking from Arsenal's experience, this does seem to be setting up for some lean years/player sales to try and manage the stadium situation. Brexit seems to have really screwed Spurs on that front. 

For sure. I fully expect someone like Eriksen to be a casualty of this. The fans are incredibly restless, though. The owners need to be very careful that they dont create a poisonous atmosphere at the club, which we are currently on the brink of, imo.

32 minutes ago, kempus said:

For sure. I fully expect someone like Eriksen to be a casualty of this. The fans are incredibly restless, though. The owners need to be very careful that they dont create a poisonous atmosphere at the club, which we are currently on the brink of, imo.

You, kempus, personally don't deserve that and for your sake I hope it doesn't come to that.  Can't say I can say the same for a number of other Spurs supporters I know or have met.

And I'll admit (though I don't expect most of them to have the integrity to actually eat their crow), there's a very real part of me that wants to see it happen just so that the pundits and media members who chastised and threw Wenger under the bus for years, but are lauding Poch for how he can't put a foot wrong have to face some comeuppance.  (In fairness, I attribute some of this to the presence of the more prominent stars of the English National side being Tottenham players and how the principal job of football media pundits in Britain is to carry water for the national side.)

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

You, kempus, personally don't deserve that and for your sake I hope it doesn't come to that.  Can't say I can say the same for a number of other Spurs supporters I know or have met.

And I'll admit (though I don't expect most of them to have the integrity to actually eat their crow), there's a very real part of me that wants to see it happen just so that the pundits and media members who chastised and threw Wenger under the bus for years, but are lauding Poch for how he can't put a foot wrong have to face some comeuppance.  (In fairness, I attribute some of this to the presence of the more prominent stars of the English National side being Tottenham players and how the principal job of football media pundits in Britain is to carry water for the national side.)

I think there will be darker days at WHL to come, if it ever opens that is. Its pretty unbelievable that we sit in 5th given how awful we have been all season. The team have lost their way, with talisman Kane being a prime example of that.

I think Poch gets way too much hype too. Hes been in a very fortunate position at Spurs. Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Lloris all fell into his lap. Hes just been able to improve some of them. Good coach, but terrible in game manager and is almost always out thought by other elite managers. Its a situation thats worked for both parties, but hes not irreplaceable, imo.

This argument is hilarious

I understand where they are both coming from - Carragher is being idealistic in his criticism while Neville is being pragmatic in his faint praise.  If I were a fan of the Spurs I'd probably side with Carragher in this argument

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2018 at 10:37 AM, drd23 said:

This argument is hilarious

I understand where they are both coming from - Carragher is being idealistic in his criticism while Neville is being pragmatic in his faint praise.  If I were a fan of the Spurs I'd probably side with Carragher in this argument

Ita also rock and a hard place for Spurs. Can't spend money you have committed elsewhere on the balance sheet.

A new stadium build was always going to cost them the ability to compete in the transfer market in the same way it knee capped Arsenal right when they should've been building something big.

• 2 weeks later...