The Tottenham Hotspur thread - London's best.

kempus

5 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Well there is a reason he never succeeded as a striker :D

Yeah, he would likely be at a bigger club than Spurs if he could score, too. He's one of the most physically dominant players I've ever seen.

8 hours ago, kempus said:

Saw a rumour of Kondogbia to Spurs, this morning. He would be an interesting replacement for Dembele. Not exact like for like, but a very good deputy option.

He only signed for Inter like a year ago. Always liked him, especially on FM, but doubt this happens. 

7 hours ago, texans_uk said:

He only signed for Inter like a year ago. Always liked him, especially on FM, but doubt this happens. 

Been actually two years already, in which he's been quite poor overall. I think Inter fans would happily sell him. He's a quite useful b2b midfielder imo, but hardly a creator, his ball control is absolutely terrible at times aswell.

4 hours ago, I_GET_SAX said:

Yeah we have a lack of depth in a few spots 

Yeah, most teams have to struggle with the same thing. Thats why Dier is so important to our team. He can play CM, CB and RB. One guy providing invaluable cover to 3 positions. Only positions wherr I would be very worried about an injury would be ST and probably CB.

22 hours ago, kempus said:

Yeah, most teams have to struggle with the same thing. Thats why Dier is so important to our team. He can play CM, CB and RB. One guy providing invaluable cover to 3 positions. Only positions wherr I would be very worried about an injury would be ST and probably CB.

I have some hope that Janssen can be a good forward if he stays. His overall play was pretty good from what I saw but he just couldn't find the net, his linkup play was pretty good. 

3 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I have some hope that Janssen can be a good forward if he stays. His overall play was pretty good from what I saw but he just couldn't find the net, his linkup play was pretty good. 

He was good at holding the ball up.and bringing others into play. He was definitely trying too hard to make things happen as the season went on. He looked more free towards the end of the season, after scoring a couple. We do need someone with pace, though.

1 minute ago, kempus said:

He was good at holding the ball up.and bringing others into play. He was definitely trying too hard to make things happen as the season went on. He looked more free towards the end of the season, after scoring a couple. We do need someone with pace, though.

I definitely agree Spurs need someone who can stretch the defense either out wide or up top. Moussa Sissoko anyone? 

27 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I definitely agree Spurs need someone who can stretch the defense either out wide or up top. Moussa Sissoko anyone? 

I still think Sissoko will leave if anyone makes a reasonable offer for him. Powerhouse, but technical donkey.

Seeing rumours of clubs interested in Danny Rose. Both Chelsea and United are apparently interested. First off, we would never see to Chelsea so that's a non starter. I highly doubt we would sell to United, either. Would take something silly like Shaw and 50 million pounds for him. Rose is better than Walker, so should cost more. We also have no need or reason to sell. Levy would come under heavy fire if he sells any more of the first team without making a massive marquee signing.