The Tottenham Hotspur thread - London's best.

kempus

7 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I certainly don't think Spurs will be overmatched. Juventus is a quality side but I can think of a handful of aides that would scare me more. Awful draw for a group winner though. 

Juventus are on killer form too, will be great for a neutral.

9 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I certainly don't think Spurs will be overmatched. Juventus is a quality side but I can think of a handful of aides that would scare me more. Awful draw for a group winner though. 

Definitely could have been an easier draw. However, we're unlikely to win the competition, so this is exactly the kind of game we want to play. Glamour tie that would be spectacular if we progress, but understandable if we don't.

Annoying to not win it at the first time of asking, but at least we're still in the Cup. Fair play to Rochdale, they 100% deserved the replay and what will be a massive pay off and legendary day for the club.

The replay isn't ideal, but also not catastrophic as we have so many players who need game time. Toby, Wanyama, Winks, Llorente and Rose looked so far off the pace. Only player who had a decent game was Moura, who looked very lively indeed. Excited to see more of him.

• 2 weeks later...

Very routine win for Spurs. Didn't even have to get out of second gear. Huddersfield were dreadful, they showed up and pretty much conceded that they were going to lose. Zero fight. Second half was all but a procession, with Spurs keeping the ball and saving energy. The big one is on Wednesday night. Pretty much perfect game prep for that.

Massive win, but at a potentially massive cost. Arguably, that's our biggest win so far this season. Coming off the Juve loss, going 1-0 down early and then losing Kane, I feared the worst. That's the first time we've won a Premier league game this season after going a goal behind. 

Son is playing like a man possessed atm. Pretty much unplayable. He's going to need to carry that form for a while longer if Kane is out. 3 weeks to the next PL game, at Chelsea. I doubt he will be back for it, but we can hope. It's the same ankle he's injured twice before, which is worrying. I'm hoping it's not bad and he can make a comeback after the International break. If it's bad, we are in trouble.

11 hours ago, texans_uk said:

If you can beat Chelsea your top 4 is secured. A draw leaves it up for grabs. 

Yeah, win and top 4 is secured. I would be very confident of making the top 4 with a draw, too. It's losing that complicates it.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kempus said:

It got better B|

Great result and a really impressive turnaround. 4th is all but certain now and getting the result without Kane speaks volumes. Shocked they brought him on though, I'd have rested him every minute I could. 

8 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Great result and a really impressive turnaround. 4th is all but certain now and getting the result without Kane speaks volumes. Shocked they brought him on though, I'd have rested him every minute I could. 

Yeah, if we dont get top 4 from this position, it would be catastrophic. I think we should be aiming for 2nd. 

I guess they wanted to give him a run out. He looked pretty sharp when he came on. 

39 minutes ago, kempus said:

Yeah, if we dont get top 4 from this position, it would be catastrophic. I think we should be aiming for 2nd. 

I guess they wanted to give him a run out. He looked pretty sharp when he came on. 

Yeah I suppose they were just really comfortable with his recovery but I'd keep him wrapped in cotton for as long as possible if I was Spurs. He did look quite good though.