The Tottenham Hotspur thread - London's best.

kempus

On Sat Dec 08 2018 at 2:44 AM, Fl0nkerton said:

Started getting into Premier League soccer a couple of years ago. Always picked Tottenham in FIFA because of their logo. Roommate is a Chelsea fan so I get to tell him Chelsea sucks pretty regularly.

Looking forward to getting a Son Heung-min kit.

Son is one of the most exciting players in the league, when on form.

• Like 1

Incredible result for Spurs to make it through to the last 16. After only 1 point from the first 3 games, we were written off, and rightly so imo. Amazing that we got the result required in the Nou Camp and that Inter failed to win. We can get Dortmund, PSG, Porto, Bayern/Ajax, Real/Roma and likely Juve. All hard glory ties. Thats what you're in the competition for. Im hoping for Bayern, because we are yet to play them in the CL.

• 2 weeks later...

Pochs comments on Eriksen are potentially concerning. Only has 18 months left on his contract. I get the feeling that if Real or another tean come in with a fair offer, in January or the summer, hes off. Alderweireld is probably the same too. Would hurt a lot to lose two of our best players like that.

22 hours ago, kempus said:

Pochs comments on Eriksen are potentially concerning. Only has 18 months left on his contract. I get the feeling that if Real or another tean come in with a fair offer, in January or the summer, hes off. Alderweireld is probably the same too. Would hurt a lot to lose two of our best players like that.

Keep both until summer I would think. Alderweireld can then leave for 25 million which will be a huge loss. Really hoping we can secure them both, I am more hopeful on Eriksen to be honest,

7 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Spurs are going to lose Son for a few games coming up, right?

That sucks.

Yes, we have released him to go to the Asian Cup or something. Pretty annoying given he also missed the start of the season. Hes going to miss some really big games too.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, UKTexans said:

Incredible stadium opening for Spurs last night, legitimately one of the best new builds of recent times.

The new stadium looks incredible. Happy to be home. Hopefully it will give us the boost we so badly need to secure Champions League football for next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible result. The best I've seen as a Spurs fan. Mouthwatering clash with Ajax in the semis. We've already performed way above my expectations in the competition and I won't dare allow myself to dream.

Given that we had 1 point after 3 group games, and were on the brink of going out until Kanes 89th minute winner in the 4th game, its been a remarkable run.

• Like 1

Dream week for Spurs. Champions League semi final. Arsenal losing two, United losing two and Chelsea one. With the added personal bonus that our loss to City likely means they pip Liverpool to the title (not that I wanted to lose that game). Top 4 and hopefully 3rd is fully in our control.

That was about as diabolical a performance and result as I can remember for Spurs. For West Ham to be the first team to beat us at our new stadium is unacceptable. Nobody looked like they cared a jot. All focused on Tuesday nights game. West Ham just wanted it more, its their yearly cup final, after all.

Nobody put in a credible performance. Alli and Dier were abominable, though. Alli is worse than a shadow of the player from 2 seasons ago. Injuries have hurt him this year, but if we got a reasonable offer in the summer, I wouldnt hesitate to sell him. Dier, I would swap for a rusty spoon. Terrible player.

This truly is the season that nobody wants top 4. We have 12 losses in the league, but still stil in 3rd atm. Thats ridiculous. Lots of reasons for it and have to believe next season will be better, but we have regressed a lot this season.

On to Tuesday night. Totally different situation and scenario. No excuses from the fans (who were poor yesterday) or players. If we play like that, we will get slapped off the park though. Put that game to one side and fully focus. Doesnt get any bigger than this.

Poor performance, but not necessarily a terrible result. After the first 30 minutes, it looked like we would lose by 3 or more. Second half, we quietly controled. Ajax can definitely be got at. Son back in the second leg as well as Sissoko. We have a chance. Ajax are favourites, but you never know.

I thought you guys did relatively well missing both Kane and Son. I thought Sissoko was the difference (imagine writing that 12 months ago eh?), he legitimately calmed your team down. Vertonghen will be a miss (I'm assuming he's concussed) but I think you guys should be happy in your position. Overcoming a 1 goal deficit is do able.