The Tottenham Hotspur thread - London's best.

kempus

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

I thought you guys did relatively well missing both Kane and Son. I thought Sissoko was the difference (imagine writing that 12 months ago eh?), he legitimately calmed your team down. Vertonghen will be a miss (I'm assuming he's concussed) but I think you guys should be happy in your position. Overcoming a 1 goal deficit is do able.

Yeah, given the injuries/suspensions and how we started the game, I'm content. Verts has said no break and no sign of concussion. Great news because it looked awful. 

Beyond anything I could have imagined. Never thought I would realistically see the day that Spurs made the European Cup final. Whats even more crazy is that we have been pretty crap this season. The worst of Pochs years, things have just fallen for us in the Champions League. 

• 2 months later...

I'm obviously delighted with the Ndombele signing. But, I'm beginning to feel worried that we won't make any other first team additions. Lo Celso and Sessegnon still look probable, but if they fall through, our recruitment has once again been woefully inadequate. 

Our FB positions are dire. Clearly, we need improvements on both sides. I hope I can be pleasantly surprised at the end of the window, but time is running out.

• 6 months later...

Jose got his first big win at Spurs v Man City. We are starting to be more solid at the back and adapt to his philosophy. Lets see if it turns into improved results as the season wears on.

Also, if you haven't see the video of Jose's reaction to Sterling, not getting a yellow for the second penalty incident, watch it, its genuinely hilarious/incredible.

• Like 2

On 04/02/2020 at 8:31 AM, kempus said:

Jose got his first big win at Spurs v Man City. We are starting to be more solid at the back and adapt to his philosophy. Lets see if it turns into improved results as the season wears on.

Also, if you haven't see the video of Jose's reaction to Sterling, not getting a yellow for the second penalty incident, watch it, its genuinely hilarious/incredible.

The reaction was classic. 

Looks like shifting Rose and Eriksen who didn’t want to be here will really help team morale.

I don’t think you will ever see Wanyama in squad again either.

Really important win against Southampton especially given how poor we were, upsetting seeing how devastated Jan was at being subbed it may be the beginning of the end for him.

Loved seeing the reaction and passion shown by those on the bench as our goals were scored.

Jose did a great interview in the week talking about the importance of him having a preseason and the squad he is forming becoming his team and his players.

16 hours ago, mountainpd said:

The reaction was classic. 

Looks like shifting Rose and Eriksen who didn’t want to be here will really help team morale.

I don’t think you will ever see Wanyama in squad again either.

Really important win against Southampton especially given how poor we were, upsetting seeing how devastated Jan was at being subbed it may be the beginning of the end for him.

Loved seeing the reaction and passion shown by those on the bench as our goals were scored.

Jose did a great interview in the week talking about the importance of him having a preseason and the squad he is forming becoming his team and his players.

Yeah, shifting the want aways was always going to be important. I think we will see a load more deadwood gone in the summer. Specifically Wanyama and Vertonghen, as you mentioned. Both were superb for the club, Verts is a club legend, but both are past it. I could see others like Walker-Peters, Foyth and Lamela being moved. With Dier, Moura, Aurier and probably others being available depending on offer. 

Im very pleased with the January window. I think its going to provide an excellent foundation for the summer and going forwards. 

• 3 weeks later...