The Tottenham Hotspur thread - London's best.

kempus

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

This is a huge factor, you just cannot play the same style on such a bigger playing area. 

Its fairly worrying that he hasn't adapted already.  We are incredibly unlucky to only have 1 point from those first two home games. 4 would probably be a fairer return. But, thats football and we don't seem to have even got out of second gear yet. Frustrating start.

5 minutes ago, kempus said:

Its fairly worrying that he hasn't adapted already.  We are incredibly unlucky to only have 1 point from those first two home games. 4 would probably be a fairer return. But, thats football and we don't seem to have even got out of second gear yet. Frustrating start.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but Poch definitely needs to revise some things. 

Dropped more points in two games at Wembley than we did in the entire season at home, last year xD

Kane needs to start firing, even if he has been unlucky. Trippier and Davies are a serious worry. Neither are athletic enough to play on the Wembley pitch.

Overall, I would give Spurs a D- for this transfer window. Managed to ship out some deadwood, such as Fazio, N'Jie, Wimmer and Bentaleb. Shockingly, that lot got us a return of around 46 million pounds. Coupled with the Walker deal, we definitely made a profit.

Aurier has the potential to be a superb signing or a terrible one, depending on his attitude. Sanchez and Foyth are relatively unproven, particularly Foyth. I expect Sanchez to be a first team player soon ish, but not Foyth. I'm also incredibly dissappointed with the Llorente signing. Horrible waste of money and squad space, with Janssen already in the squad. This is a true panic buy.

I think Levy has really done a poor job of getting the correct squad for playing at Wembley. We have no pace in the last 3rd and nobody who can use the width. All the momentum we had from last season was sucked away by Levys lack of transfer dealings. We're in a prime position to bring in a big name and really galvanize the players and fan base. However, we sat on our hands and did nothing. Poor transfer window all around.

Hopefully, Onomah and Carter Vickers loan spells will be a success.

• 2 weeks later...

Massive win last night, even if we did ride our luck at times. Poch set the team up extremely welL, the counter attacks ripped Dortmund to shreds every time. Kane once again showing his world class ability, he's become almost unplayable. Aurier looked good on his debut and I'm very impressed with what I've seen of Sanchez, so far. Huge win in the context of the group and also for our confidence at Wembley. 

Yeah that is going to be huge for them. A win against a genuinely quality opponent is going to really instill some belief, not just at Wembley, but in Europe in general.

I was only able to catch the second half due to work but I'm going to try and watch the whole thing some time tomorrow.