McCarthy gets 1yr extension through 2019 - Was done during season

deltarich87

2 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You mean you didn't like when our RB coach was an ex qb. Wr coach was ex RB. QB coach was ex TE. Or whatever it was.

Plenty of guys coach positions they didn't play but I don't think I like it. Especially not a bunch of it at once

I didn't mind him coaching the Wide Receivers.  he was teaching them how to block!

sorry about that Norm

39 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

This franchise behind NE has been the definition of stability. Sometimes to a fault. I think this makes a lot of sense. Shows MM is still in charge of this football team even thought there will be new blood in the GM position. I just don't believe this hadn't already been decided for awhile. I am fine with MM, and I do think he hasn't lost the locker room. That being said changes needed to be made, so now lets see back and see what happens. It could be an awesome offseason. 

I think that goes without saying, but you're also comparing the Packers to arguably the model franchise in all of professional sports.  The Patriots are the franchise that everyone strives to be, not the one they realistically compare themselves to.  It's having an always moving goal to keep you motivated.

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Getting philosophical today, heh? 

I just want to know why.  I get pass protection, but when you want to run the ball, and if teams know he's not great in pass protection and he's still rushing for 5.5 yards per carry (not tipping that it's a run enough to slow him down), why not keep running him?

Don't make no damn sense to me. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I just want to know why.  I get pass protection, but when you want to run the ball, and if teams know he's not great in pass protection and he's still rushing for 5.5 yards per carry (not tipping that it's a run enough to slow him down), why not keep running him?

I've never completely understood why some guys play and some guys don't. Occasionally it's clear, like some guys fumble too much, or some guys never learn the playbook, but other times it's just a head scratcher. And I doubt a coach would ever be candid about it. I just chalk it up to "team dynamics" and move on. 

54 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

He did have quite a few longer runs, didn't he? That'll boost the avg. Williams looked good playing. It'd be interesting to see there most common run per carry.

17 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If we only look at averages: why ever run? Pass YPA is always higher than run YPA.

Archived