Vikings QB Sam Bradford returns to practice

SteelKing728

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

not what I would expect. Zimmer most likely will stay with the player that got them there and Bradford will be a back up. Vikes have more depth at QB than anyone don't they?

That's what I'm thinking too. Keenum is playing well enough for us to win. He's not elite but not a liability. We'll see how he does in the playoffs though.

We have 3 guys that at least at one point looked like efficient starters. Teddy was on track to improving until he tore his knee up at 23 (I don't think he maxed out prior to the injury), Bradford was always pretty average and he has maxed out (possibly due to coaching and multiple injuries) and Keenum was bad before this year minus a few games against Tampa Bay but has looked to be at least a one year wonder.

How many knee surgeries has Bradford had? I would expect him as the #3 QB and let Keenum lead the team. The D is good enough that Keenum +D should work. They don't have blair walsh so the kicking game might also help.  It would be nice to see a team win with with what was a back up qb and top tier  D. I get tired of hearing about the elite "skill" position players and how D isn't as important anymore.  

never had the mental toughness to be a great QB

Any evidence of this? 

As far as I've seen, Bradford has been one of the smartest and most accurate quarterbacks in the league.  Excellent pocket awareness, goes through his reads, and keeps turnovers to a minimum, all while managing several unfortunate injuries throughout his career...

Even if hes healthy, he's still going to be extremely skiddish and unreliable

He was healthy in 2016 and wasn't skiddish, and was very reliable (3900 yards, 20 TD, 5 INT @ 71%).

The last time he played was extremely pitiful

Really? He threw 346 yards and 3 TDs @ 85% in a winning effort against the Saints in week 1.  Didn't look pitiful to me.

The guy is just soft

Unlucky maybe, but I wouldn't say soft.  If he were soft, he wouldn't keep coming back.

Your entire post is a bunch of made-up nonsense....

Just now, carnageehw said:

No coach is going to pull that ballsy of a move (starting Bradford).  If they lose it'll go down as top 3 coaching mistake of all time.  

I would much rather start Bradford over Glennon.

While that knee is dangerous, you only do it in plans of drafting a another QB this season and/or another veteran already on the bench that is capable.

Archived