Mack Hollins, can he be a full time presence on the outside?

Danger

17 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

How many dropped balls will it take for them to pull Smith?!  Just more silly adherence to old, traditional rules giving veterans more playing time over young guys  despite the suckage.  This is nonsense.  It should be best man for the job!!!!  If you can’t cut it, then get off the field!!!! Why am I using so many exclamation points like Nabbsy?!

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!

Just now, Danger said:

Mike Wallace is an interesting name, wasn't he a headcase though?

No thanks to Wallace. 

We'll look to the draft at WR, most likely. Hollins is a core special teamer and package only player right now. Maybe with the offseason to grow things can change. 

Torrey should be gone this offseason, for sure. 

I haven't seen enough of Hollins, but odds are he would be one of the weaker starting WRs in the league. I'd like for us to look for a speedster in the draft. Wouldn't mind another Torrey Smith type of signing, low risk high reward vet signing. Need to put all the weapons we can around Carson. A guy who can take the top off defenses is what we're missing most on O.

27 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I haven't seen enough of Hollins, but odds are he would be one of the weaker starting WRs in the league. I'd like for us to look for a speedster in the draft. Wouldn't mind another Torrey Smith type of signing, low risk high reward vet signing. Need to put all the weapons we can around Carson. A guy who can take the top off defenses is what we're missing most on O.

he's a pretty damn good blocker I wouldn't call him weak. 

I'm sorry but in the limited reps Mack has gotten on Offense he seems to always make the play. Hollins has been targeted 22 times, caught 16 of them for 226 and 1TD. Not sure why people are hating so much? His 14 YPC is more then Alshon, Agholor, Smith, Ertz! He'll does he lead the team? Got tired of checking.

I Think he'd be fine and a sneaky fast deep threat. One with Size that could highpoint the ball.

23 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You going to quote me don't edit 

However any "burner" brought in to become the "so called #2" isn't putting up a 1000+ 10 TD, etc, etc. So why shouldn't Hollins, Gibson and Johnson get first crack at the job?

Right now our #2, plays in the Slot and or TE Not outside! Doubt that changes regardless of who they bring in.

I "edited" aka omitted the "burner" part because Jordan Matthews wasn't a burner.

22 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Can we talk about Nelson's massive jump from last year to this one.

2016- 36 catches 365 yards and 2 TD

2017- 62 catches 768 yards and  8TD's

That is so impressive. I am happy for the guy for proving us all wrong.

The more exciting thing to me is that WRs typicaly have a 3 year development  curve. Can't wait to see what he does next season if he keeps developing.

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm sorry but in the limited reps Mack has gotten on Offense he seems to always make the play. Hollins has been targeted 22 times, caught 16 of them for 226 and 1TD. Not sure why people are hating so much? His 14 YPC is more then Alshon, Agholor, Smith, Ertz! He'll does he lead the team? Got tired of checking.

I Think he'd be fine and a sneaky fast deep threat. One with Size that could highpoint the ball.

I like Mack Attack as much as anyone but they should bring in someone to compete with him for the spot. To just rely on him with that limited sample size is irresponsible 

it will be interesting to see Mack and Marcus Johnson next year, they are bigger bodies. They both can run once they get going. However I'm not sure if that type of player will add to Alshon or actually hinder. 

I think a smaller slot guy/route runner is needed, someone that can lineup in the slot and run those little option routes.  Whether that's Gibson/Treggs/ Ward...Agholor was the #2 he just lined up inside. 

3 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

it will be interesting to see Mack and Marcus Johnson next year, they are bigger bodies. They both can run once they get going. However I'm not sure if that type of player will add to Alshon or actually hinder. 

I think a smaller slot guy/route runner is needed, someone that can lineup in the slot and run those little option routes.  Whether that's Gibson/Treggs/ Ward...Agholor was the #2 he just lined up inside. 

Good points. I feel we can draft a guy to fit the speed role, or, maybe, Shelton Gibson could progress a little? 

4 hours ago, 808 said:

Good points. I feel we can draft a guy to fit the speed role, or, maybe, Shelton Gibson could progress a little? 

The chances of Shelton Gibson developing into a good WR are about the same as Donnell Pumphrey developing into a #1 RB.

We need to draft James Washington, Christian Kirk, Tre'Quan Smith, or Jordan Lasley.

Archived