Mack Hollins, can he be a full time presence on the outside?

Danger

If the question is can he do what Torrey Smith is doing?  The answer is a resounding yes. That's a pretty low bar to clear. Due to cap, the Eagles are going to have to take some gambles at different positions, I think the combination of Hollins/Johnson is a very reasonable gamble to take on an outside WR.

Also, if we were smart at all, we'd run way more two TE sets with Burton and Ertz on the field and just use Jeffery/Agholor.

1 minute ago, BLick12 said:

Also, if we were smart at all, we'd run way more two TE sets with Burton and Ertz on the field and just use Jeffery/Agholor.

Which one of them lines up outside opposite of Alshon? Burton?

Just now, Danger said:

TE  TE  LT  LG  C  RG  RT        WR    WR

QB

RB

Just now, 808 said:

TE  TE  LT  LG  C  RG  RT        WR    WR

QB

RB

Hmm yeah I suppose you're correct about that. Don't want to do that too often though.

If they were smart they'd move Alshon all over, in the slot with Burton/Ertz outside, let him big body a smaller slot corner. They could still run those underneath routes with the TE. I would love to see more bunch sets as well. Not for the screens but to help get separation downfield to get those natural rub routes.  

Just now, nlesthought said:

Nit picking here but that's an illegal formation too many on the LOS. :D

Yeah I know, it's impossible to have the lines offset on this website for that post. One of the TEs and one of the WRs would be off the line sir. 

Just now, nlesthought said:

I know, just messing. We've seen that formation that you speak of though. 

bison_all22.png

I personally love it, and it plays to our strength in personnel. I believe this was the Clement TD catch in the far right side of end zone, if I'm not mistaken.

Just offers up so much space in the pass game, and you can run out of it to either side depending on where the RB lines up.

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's the nice thing, there's like a billion options with two TE sets. You can have both Ertz and Burton on one side and play Alshon / Agholor as twins to the other.  But as far as standard, I think you'd obviously just have to roll with Alshon and Agholor on the outsides.

EDIT: 808 just mentioned it above.

8 minutes ago, Phire said:

We should almost always be in 2 TE sets. Most teams can't match Ertz and Burton.

Being the optimal word. No idea why we don't do this more? Maybe it's in the master plan to be employed more during the playoffs. Surprise defenses? Sure hope so.

Archived