Cycling Thread: Bernal wins the TDF

kempus

With all the big names out I'm not really as excited for the yellow jersey ultimately goes to. But I'm really looking forward to what we may see on stages. Personally what I'm really hoping for is that because the field is so wide open the top riders take big chances. Sky, I guess now Ineous, basically just decided how the race would go for the past several years. I want to see yellow jersey competitors actually go for it. I'll be disappointed if they basically just stay as a pack except for a few climbs here or there. I need someone to force others into actually making tough decisions regarding chasing or staying back and picking up time later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mse326 said:

With all the big names out I'm not really as excited for the yellow jersey ultimately goes to. But I'm really looking forward to what we may see on stages. Personally what I'm really hoping for is that because the field is so wide open the top riders take big chances. Sky, I guess now Ineous, basically just decided how the race would go for the past several years. I want to see yellow jersey competitors actually go for it. I'll be disappointed if they basically just stay as a pack except for a few climbs here or there. I need someone to force others into actually making tough decisions regarding chasing or staying back and picking up time later.

Ineos will still be a dominant team controling the pack. They have the two favourites and the strongest overall team. Anything can happen at the Tour, though.

7 hours ago, kempus said:

Ineos will still be a dominant team controling the pack. They have the two favourites and the strongest overall team. Anything can happen at the Tour, though.

Is Thomas still that high given his form?

11 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Is Thomas still that high given his form?

Yeah, its strange that way in cycling. Recent form isnt always the best indicator. Given that pretty much every rider is on a different training schedule to hit form at different times. Thomas proved he can dominate the tour, if in form. I still think Bernal will win it.

I have my hopes up on Pinot this year. He's in great shape, has that confidence he's been lacking in years and his team is as good as it is ever been. Hopefully this is the year where we finally have a winner! 

Thomas has done nothing this year no sure where's at right now. Bernal is probably the best climber of the lot but he was planned for the Giro. Will he be able to maintain his form over three weeks is a big question. 

A. Yates and Steven Kreujswik are the other guys to watch imho. This could be a great tour

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

I have my hopes up on Pinot this year. He's in great shape, has that confidence he's been lacking in years and his team is as good as it is ever been. Hopefully this is the year where we finally have a winner! 

Thomas has done nothing this year no sure where's at right now. Bernal is probably the best climber of the lot but he was planned for the Giro. Will he be able to maintain his form over three weeks is a big question. 

A. Yates and Steven Kreujswik are the other guys to watch imho. This could be a great tour

Its really open this year. Massive ride from Jumbo-Visma to win the TTT.