Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

Between Amari, Deguara, and the continued evolution of the Jones/Dillon 2RB sets, we could see some new wrinkles next year.

Yes.  I think there are going to be some really interesting possibilities.  I think Dillon has some interesting possibilities in space with short easy passes.  The Jones/Dillon sets will not exactly be like Alex-Green/John-Kuhn sets.  Will be interesting to see what MLF comes up with, and how effectively the QB utilizes the possibilities.  

22 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Christ, who amongst us hasn't done that in the past year?

Hell, I'll bet @Norm did it this past weekend!

I remember when I was a freshman in high school, some drunk senior from my school just walked in our house at night, looked at all of us for a second and asked if this was the party.... my dad jumped off the couch and chased him outside but it didn't seem like that big a deal afterwards lol. At least for me anyway idk

3 hours ago, R T said:
Just to really drive this point home, one of Amari Rodgers' closest Mockdraftable comps is Kylin Hill, a RB the #Packers drafted in the 7th round. Rodgers makes plays with the ball in his hands like a RB but runs routes like a WR. He's made for this offense.

Yes. 

Not to be a negativist, I love the pick and am eager to see how he can contribute and be well used in the system.  But at the same time, while "short" does not mean "small" in this case, short still does mean short.  Catch radius.   The short catch radius will sometimes be less forgiving for imperfect throws.  Some catches Jones made were more difficult because he's short; and some he didn't make a longer guy might have.  

42 minutes ago, craig said:

Yes.  I think there are going to be some really interesting possibilities.  I think Dillon has some interesting possibilities in space with short easy passes.  The Jones/Dillon sets will not exactly be like Alex-Green/John-Kuhn sets.  Will be interesting to see what MLF comes up with, and how effectively the QB utilizes the possibilities.  

It's going to be a foregone conclusion that the offense is going to look different in regards to the role of each RB; especially because Williams is gone. I'd venture to guess that the Jones/Dillon sets will look a lot different than the Green/Kuhn sets simply because you're considering better athletes with a different overall role in the offensive scheme; mainly that Jones/Dillon are better athletes. 

In regards to @craig's comments however, one would surmise that the catch radius may not affect the play in question as the athletes and QB(provided Rodgers is not here) would be noticeably different from last year. Regardless of what your opinion is on Love, he's not going to be asked to do what Rodgers was able to do, at least not right away if at all - ergo, that significantly affects the offense and how it functions. 

Well, this is good to know......

Next Gen Stats  -    Packers Eric Stokes CB, Georgia Out of all of the corners in this year’s class, Stokes has the highest probability of making a Pro Bowl within his first three seasons – ahead of two of our can’t-miss prospects, Jaycee Horn (27%) and Patrick Surtain II (24%).

Eric Stokes headlined our Next Gen Stats Day 2 standouts list. With an overall draft score of 98, the data support the Packers' decision to make the Georgia cornerback a first-round pick.

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Well, this is good to know......

Next Gen Stats  -    Packers Eric Stokes CB, Georgia Out of all of the corners in this year’s class, Stokes has the highest probability of making a Pro Bowl within his first three seasons – ahead of two of our can’t-miss prospects, Jaycee Horn (27%) and Patrick Surtain II (24%).

Eric Stokes headlined our Next Gen Stats Day 2 standouts list. With an overall draft score of 98, the data support the Packers' decision to make the Georgia cornerback a first-round pick.

And how are these percentages figured out?

10 hours ago, Green19 said:

And how are these percentages figured out?

They blend up unicorn horn with bigfoot feces then throw it at the wall with all the players names on it. Whichever has the most stuck to their name wins.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Norm said:

They blend up unicorn horn with bigfoot feces then throw it at the wall with all the players names on it. Whichever has the most stuck to their name wins.

straight out of the Dakota Bar Olympics it appears

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Yes this works very well, but to obtain 100% accuracy one must add a tail of a Chinese warty newt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norm said:

The room where this takes place must look nice now.

• Like 1