Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Smidgeon said:

Is there a limit on how many times a player can be protected on the PS?  If not, this might be the list all year long...or at least until they decided to elevate the LS.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/2021/9/1/22651355/2021-nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility-size-roster-cuts-covid-19-coronavirus

According to this, the team can protect up to four of its practice squad members.  It does not mention any limit.  The limits come from elevating a player to the active game day roster.  Under current rules, you can elevate a PS player to the roster, and that player does not have to be cut or clear waivers to remain on the practice squad after the game.  However, the player can only be elevated to the roster twice.  I believe that player then needs to be cut, and make it through waivers before the team could re-sign him, but I am not sure. 

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -  Savage will get the week to see if he can go Monday night, said LaFleur. Deguara is still going through concussion protocol. Lucas Patrick in concussion protocol as well.

Patrick played every snap against the Saints. When did he get a concussion?

Peter Bukowski -  This leaves the Packers with two likely options: Put Jon Runyan Jr. at LG and roll with it or Billy Turner slides back to RG and Dennis Kelly plays RT.

• Ben Fennell -    ...I'd consider Runyan even if Patrick was 100%. He was terrible vs NOR.
  • Ross Uglem -   Yep.

///

JRJ seems to be the consensus......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  This leaves the Packers with two likely options: Put Jon Runyan Jr. at LG and roll with it or Billy Turner slides back to RG and Dennis Kelly plays RT.

• Ben Fennell -    ...I'd consider Runyan even if Patrick was 100%. He was terrible vs NOR.
  • Ross Uglem -   Yep.

///

Not sure how scenario #1 after the OR helps out our situation at LG, which is where Patrick played against the Saints. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Not sure how scenario #1 after the OR helps out our situation at LG, which is where Patrick played against the Saints. 

Bukowski recommends moving JRJ into LG - or roll with it (meaning leave him there if healthy....)
Fennell and Uglem both think he should be replaced outright.

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

• Ross Uglem -   Yep.

///

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bukowski recommends moving JRJ into LG - or roll with it (meaning leave him there if healthy....)

Maybe I'm having brain cramps today but doesn't it say put Jon Runyan Jr at LG and roll it OR put Billy Turner slides to RG and Dennis Kelly plays RT. 

The bold part leaves no solution to the problem at LG. 

Edited by Old Guy

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is silly at this point but he actually said AND roll with it. regarding Runyan at LG. 

TBH, I was actually surprised that Patrick was at LG. I get starting Newman there and eventually kicking him out to RT when the team feels he's ready, but I'm wondering if it were better if Turner kicked to LG with Kelly coming in at RT. It's worth a shot IMO. We all know that Turner is shaky at LT, but LG could be a good home for him at least temporarily given that he got PWNED by Cam Jordan this past week...