Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

20 hours ago, Toddfather said:

It blows my mind as well. Some people just want to be negative. I mean I get it if you really wanted someone else. I can understand being disappointed, but still the over all picture needs to be addressed. This organization woke up, and made major changes in the prime of their HOF QBs career. That is awesome. There were people who thought if we ran the table again that Dom might not even be fired. You went from talk of it all being the same to some major changes. This is an exciting time to be a Packers fan. Take a minute to enjoy it.

I might have said this before but we should all look at losing Aaron last season as a blessing in disguise.  Had we made the playoffs this year our D still isn't good enough to get us to the SB.  This year Rodgers couldn't camouflage all of our shortcomings.  Perhaps now with all of these changes 2018 and beyond might be a lot of fun for all of us.

48 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I might have said this before but we should all look at losing Aaron last season as a blessing in disguise.  Had we made the playoffs this year our D still isn't good enough to get us to the SB.  This year Rodgers couldn't camouflage all of our shortcomings.  Perhaps now with all of these changes 2018 and beyond might be a lot of fun for all of us.

It'll sure be interesting. I like the moves so far. Pettine more now than a week ago. That could be a sneaky good move if the comments Jim Leonhard made recently to Wilde and Taush are anything more than saying good things about an old friend. Either way, it really gives me hope this defense will finally be strategically deployed each week based on the strengths of the Defense and the weaknesses of the offense we're playing. Either we didn't have players capable of praying on weak points in an offense the last few years, or we weren't honing in on those areas.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yup. So you can cancel those travel plans  :)

The League would rather sell out the Coliseum with 90,000 SoCal Packer fans than send the Packers-Rams to London

Next year, GB will play the Chargers, and the league will send that game to London instead of filling the 27k stadium the Chargers play in

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

The League would rather sell out the Coliseum with 90,000 SoCal Packer fans than send the Packers-Rams to London

Next year, GB will play the Chargers, and the league will send that game to London instead of filling the 27k stadium the Chargers play in

Males sense to me :)

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

I don't want other teams though ;)

This is the thing the powers that be in NY don't understand.  Fans in Europe already have allegiances with established teams so the only way a franchise might work is if they move an existing team there.   Because of the growing population in Florida they thought the state could support 3 teams.  But they didn't consider that a large portion of the population here are folks from someplace else and bring their fan allegiances down with them too.  If you watched the Jags playoff game you heard larger cheers for the Bills than you did for the home team.

2 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

As a Spanish fan, that's a bummer. I know it sucks for you but I'm really hopeful they'll cross the pond one year.

Same here. I'm in Englands west country. I'd love a chance to see the Packers in London (one of their away games, that is). Been waiting several years for it to happen.

I've seen some other teams at Wembley stadium (wen't with a mate who is a 49ers fan, for example), but it's not the same as seeing your 'own' team.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1