Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Somebody start a rumor thread.  Make it at least 26% believable.  The rumor always comes first, which forces GMs to call each other and talk about the rumor and be like, "I didn't say a thing!"  So the other GM is like, "Well you must have because I didn't either."  Then they argue for a little bit about which of them started the rumor even though none of them did, and then finally one of them is like, "So are we doing this trade or what?" 

That's how NFL trades get done.

Don't want Bell.  At this point, you really can't call it anything other than selfishness and greed.
Want Fowler. 
Want Golden. 
Want Cooper or Joseph even though our rookie receivers have a higher ceiling than Cooper and Cooper is once again proof that you are an idiot of a GM if you pick a receiver in the top 20 of the draft. 
Want Joseph or any safety not named Brice. 
Want a pass rusher. 

32 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A telling stat. The Packers waste a ton of plays on offense. Are these plays not there? Are they there and Rodgers isn't seeing them? Probably both, but I wonder what percentage to each. 

Is Rodgers inability  limited ability to extend plays (due to the injury) affecting this?  

Edited by squire12
changed inability to limited ability
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A telling stat. The Packers waste a ton of plays on offense. Are these plays not there? Are they there and Rodgers isn't seeing them? Probably both, but I wonder what percentage to each. 

I wonder if it’s because of Rodgers lack of mobility. Typically he’d get outside the pocket and his athleticism/speed allowed him to almost make it to the sideline(if need be) before having to release the ball. He could buy time until someone popped open. Not so much the case anymore. We see a lot of Rodgers starting to break the pocket but can’t outrun/shake the DE so he throws it away. 

27 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Is Rodgers inability  limited ability to extend plays (due to the injury) affecting this?  

Probably, however, with his limited mobility, he's probably still as mobile as 50% of the QBs in the league. Guys like Brady and Brees never even leave the pocket. So if it's his mobility that's driving this number, then either the offense hasn't changed enough around him to accommodate for his condition or he's apprehensive about losing his mobility making him more inclined not to trust the pocket and just throw it away when the first look isn't there. 

Edited by packfanfb