Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Norm said:

He should be in the bears and Vikings hall for being so horrible and helpful to your teams and their endless division and SB titles. 

And he didn't? How many guys on that team that helped was he not a part of bringing in? I'll wait while you Google it because you were in third grade then

He didn’t what? I said “he DID.” I certainly wasn’t in third grade. It appears, however, that you’re reading at a third grade level.

50 minutes ago, malak1 said:

He didn’t what? I said “he DID.” I certainly wasn’t in third grade. It appears, however, that you’re reading at a third grade level.

Sorry, I was drinking alcohol. You'll understand one day when you are old enough. 

If you over over 20 or so, it's sad. And I feel bad and we'll be your life coach, not kidding. I have good life tips. Totally serious. 

Edited by Norm

6 hours ago, Norm said:

Sorry, I was drinking alcohol. You'll understand one day when you are old enough. 

If you over over 20 or so, it's sad. And I feel bad and we'll be your life coach, not kidding. I have good life tips. Totally serious. 

Next time, before you hurt yourself trying to jerk off Ted Thompson, take a second to read what was actually posted.

10 hours ago, Leader said:

While I agree with the premise, that Ripkowski should have made this team over Tonyan, Kendricks has had better blocking days. To say that's the level of blocking he's had all year isn't fair. 

He had several good blocks against the Rams, admittedly to go with several bad ones.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

While I agree with the premise, that Ripkowski should have made this team over Tonyan, Kendricks has had better blocking days. To say that's the level of blocking he's had all year isn't fair. He had several good blocks against the Rams, admittedly to go with several bad ones.

Understood and none of these "single shot" video clips are totally determinative - just supplying them to balance out the viewpoints.
Honestly? I'd prefer a FB in that instance. Somebody's who's actually gonna blow a hole open  -  but there's "pros" to having the TE as H Back as well.

Listen - we want to keep AR alive - we're gonna have to get him handing the ball off more - or chucking it (over the middle.....) on shorter / faster patterns. Heard (or read?) somewhere yesterday that he was pressured 19 times against NE.

Thats gonna shorten ARs shelf life......

Edited by Leader

BTW - if you look at how AR delivered that ball to EQ - his throwing motion looks A LOT like how he delivered the ball to Cobb on that goal line WR screen.

He connects on this pass to EQ - the pass to Cobb was behind him and almost to the ground - which served to kill the play.

I think - dont know but think - his knee comes into play on passes in this direction.

That - or he's developed a lousy way of throwing short to his left.

Just now, Leader said:

Understood and none of these "single shot" video clips are totally determinative - just supplying them to balance out the viewpoints.
Honestly? I'd prefer a FB in that instance. Somebody's who's actually gonna blow a hole open  -  but there's "pros" to having the TE as H Back as well.

There are, I just can't help but feel like we win that Rams game with Davis and Ripkowski on this roster. 

Davis fair catches that safety punt on the 4 rather than letting it be downed at the 1. Ripkowski doesn't get taken down for loss on the actual safety.

Ripkowski picks up the linebacker on the Rodgers 5 yard scramble and MVS scores the long TD. 

Even going back to the Lions game with Kevin King not touching that ball. Davis may have him cleared out of there. No guarantees, but it didn't happen last year.

For a team that's not losing games not due to talent level, rather the execution of fundamentals, it makes me nostalgic for the guys that were fundamentally sound.

50 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There are, I just can't help but feel like we win that Rams game with Davis and Ripkowski on this roster. 

Davis fair catches that safety punt on the 4 rather than letting it be downed at the 1. Ripkowski doesn't get taken down for loss on the actual safety.

Ripkowski picks up the linebacker on the Rodgers 5 yard scramble and MVS scores the long TD. 

Even going back to the Lions game with Kevin King not touching that ball. Davis may have him cleared out of there. No guarantees, but it didn't happen last year.

For a team that's not losing games not due to talent level, rather the execution of fundamentals, it makes me nostalgic for the guys that were fundamentally sound.

If a Mike McCarthy team is losing because of fundamentals, he is truly lost

53 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Good points - but you'll not hear any more from me about Davis. I've taken a life time's worth of crap defending his value to the team. Did he make (what I perceive to be) mistakes? Sure. Did he cost us any games with a fumble or muff? Not one - and more often than not he'd pick up positive return yardage. They bring him back to return stuff? Fine with me - BUT - the guys not played since who knows when - so expecting immediate results might be problematic - and the season clock is ticking......