Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Norm, this may come as a shock to you, but....I don't post on here hoping to gain your favor.   

Of everything I read here, your posts are the ones that I have a difficult time taking seriously.  My thoughts only.  And that is fine, this is an entertainment website.  Others may disagree, which is fine in my book.  

Case in point...re-read your last post  "I just can't really a post seriously when stuff like that is thrown in."

Prior to this exchange I would have read that and simply said to myself, "I know what he means, no sense in harping on it."

But now here we are talking about non-sense in posts...

Have a great day!

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Norm, this may come as a shock to you, but....I don't post on here hoping to gain your favor.   

Of everything I read here, your posts are the ones that I have a difficult time taking seriously.  My thoughts only.  And that is fine, this is an entertainment website.  Others may disagree, which is fine in my book.  

Case in point...re-read your last post  "I just can't really a post seriously when stuff like that is thrown in."

Prior to this exchange I would have read that and simply said to myself, "I know what he means, no sense in harping on it."

But now here we are talking about non-sense in posts...

Have a great day!

My posts aren't meant to be taken seriously. So I'm hardly offended.

Look, sometimes you break things down really well, but FOR ME, you always ruin it with some exaggerated line that makes me think, why listen to this dude if he thinks this too. You can whine that you don't post for me, but this is a public forum and that's my thought on the way you post. You're more than able to ignore it and move on. 

And no, I really figured you wanted him cut. I didn't see anything else. Maybe not literally tomorrow but not on the roster going into TC, that type of thing.

21 years ago today, the Green Bay Packers beat the Carolina Panthers in the NFC Championship game to reach their first Super Bowl since SB II

The Panthers were coached by none other than Dom Capers on that frigid day in GB and OLB Kevin Greene was one of the defenders

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199701120gnb.htm

13 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

My posts aren't meant to be taken seriously. So I'm hardly offended.

Look, sometimes you break things down really well, but FOR ME, you always ruin it with some exaggerated line that makes me think, why listen to this dude if he thinks this too. You can whine that you don't post for me, but this is a public forum and that's my thought on the way you post. You're more than able to ignore it and move on. 

And no, I really figured you wanted him cut. I didn't see anything else. Maybe not literally tomorrow but not on the roster going into TC, that type of thing.

Maybe you too can learn "Aw, I know what he means, no worries."  Just like when you say (above) "always".  I know what you mean.  

And...as far as my feelings of Allison go?  I hope that GB can find WR's better than him for Rodgers to throw to.  For an UDFA he is fine, but I'm hoping that the club wants to be better than that at that position.   And it isn't like he's doing anything on special teams.  

Here yah go bud, you convince me to soften my stance.  I'll edit just for you.

46 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Maybe you too can learn "Aw, I know what he means, no worries."  Just like when you say (above) "always".  I know what you mean.  

And...as far as my feelings of Allison go?  I hope that GB can find WR's better than him for Rodgers to throw to.  For an UDFA he is fine, but I'm hoping that the club wants to be better than that at that position.   And it isn't like he's doing anything on special teams.  

Here yah go bud, you convince me to soften my stance.  I'll edit just for you.

I don't particularly like Allison tbh. I think he'll be on the roster as wr4/5 and I'm okay with that. You can always look to improve there obviously. I think he has some value with that body type I suppose.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

21 years ago today, the Green Bay Packers beat the Carolina Panthers in the NFC Championship game to reach their first Super Bowl since SB II

The Panthers were coached by none other than Dom Capers on that frigid day in GB and OLB Kevin Greene was one of the defenders

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199701120gnb.htm

Dom went for the slow victory, getting his ring then dismantling the team that blew out his only good team as HC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

WR experiment failed.  ST did not.  I see him in the Jarret Bush role, if he would accept it.  If Janis is your 5'th WR and core ST ace, you are in a nice spot there.

3 thoughts:

1.  If there is roster space for a pure ST-guy, Janis is nice for that. 

2.  If they feel they want spots for guys who might contribute from scrimmage (if injury necessitates), or who might develop into a useful player later (if D+D was to work....), Janis isn't a fit.

3.  ST ace is good, but I'm not comfortable with risking Janis as 5th WR.  #5 is only one injury from #4.  And if you have an absolutely can't/won't-be-used-from-scrimmage guy as #4, that's trouble. 

First, We've seen what can happen to a thin position group, that suffers 2 (or more) injuries.  [In the least three seasons we've see that for O-line (twice), for secondary (twice), for WR (the Janis TD year).]  Obviously part of winning a SB is getting lucky with injuries, where those you get happen to groups where next-man-up isn't that much less.  (SB year, Starks and Bishop actually improved their positions.) So maybe I should just hope WR goes injury-light again next year, and if the #5 WR actually needs to play we're cooked anyway.] 

Second, we've seen a lot of position groups where MM plays a guy who's significantly hurt rather than the "next man up", because the next man up is really bad.  If one injury bumps #5 Janis up to #4, I think you're really at risk of being forced to keep playing some badly compromised or limited guys.      

I don't really want Janis even included or considered in the WR group.  Just call him a gunner and include him in the ST group. 

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

WR experiment failed.  ST did not.  I see him in the Jarret Bush role, if he would accept it.  If Janis is your 5'th WR and core ST ace, you are in a nice spot there.

Yeah the guy is a 7th round pick from D2 and just got all-pro votes.  Not a good WR but as an NFL player in general the guy is certainly not a failure.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Alex Van Pelt just accepted the QB coach position in Cincy.

From Rodgers to Dalton, from Titletown to Loserville....

Alex: "Okay Andy.....now this is how Aaron would do it......"

Andy: "Yeah right....git outta here!"

• Like 1