Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Well - there's a place in this world for such players. Lets hope he develops.
He does have a nice Bama highlight video though.

For sure, like I said, I like the guy and the player he is. He just doesn't have even high level college player nuances of the CB spot. I really hope we don't have to end up relying on him to start at some point, people will want him released IMO.

Agreed, he's a useful player. I'm just saying to temper expectations on the guy.

12 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

For sure, like I said, I like the guy and the player he is. He just doesn't have even high level college player nuances of the CB spot. I really hope we don't have to end up relying on him to start at some point, people will want him released IMO.

Agreed, he's a useful player. I'm just saying to temper expectations on the guy.

For me "hope he develops" falls into the intermediary expectation range  :) 

50 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I went to the NFL site to watch it and I missed it the first time through because it is so quick.
Mic’ ing up ‘te was dumb.  He’s a pretty quiet guy. 

You talking 'bout Davante? Yeah - he is kinda quiet - but I heard on a secondary source that they actually had to edit out some of his comments:

"Hey! AR! I'm over here....throw me the damn ball!"
On another occasion.....
"Yo dude! Lead me with that thing!"
:)

22 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I was quite high on Tony coming out but he's not a very good cb. He's a utility guy who will get you out of games and should be a ST ace. I don't see how people think he's the next Shields.

Well he plays tight coverage looks pretty damn good to me.  He's more than just an utility guy.

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Well he plays tight coverage looks pretty damn good to me.  He's more than just an utility guy.

He doesnt though on a lot of routes.. he drew some pretty easy assignments in miami... he's uneasy in the pocket and not fluid at all. If you want to believe he can hold up outside against more accomplished WRs all the more power to you man.

34 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

He doesnt though on a lot of routes.. he drew some pretty easy assignments in miami... he's uneasy in the pocket and not fluid at all. If you want to believe he can hold up outside against more accomplished WRs all the more power to you man.

I don't know how much more you can ask of an UDFA.  Kid has raw skills...and a raw brain.  He needs to be developed, but he's got some nice skills to try to build upon.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know how much more you can ask of an UDFA.  Kid has raw skills...and a raw brain.  He needs to be developed, but he's got some nice skills to try to build upon.  

No for sure, I'm in on the guy. I've said 3 times I like him. People are acting like he's the next Shields and he just doesn't have that innate ability Sam did to mirror his man. I think Tony is a very useful player but he's got a long ways to go before I'd want him starting outside.