Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

PFR has him listed as 6'3" 245. And he was GB's best LB during the Lombardi years, a better player than Nitschke (this is meant to praise Robinson, not denigrate Uncle Ray). 

Okay. Since you know him far better than I do - you fight with AG :)

so for wild card tiebreakers, who are we rooting for this weekend?  New Orleans obviously over Phili , but what about Dallas vs Atlanta???  As far as a pure threat, I take Dallas because I view atlanta as the bigger threat to us for obvious reasons.........but for tiebreaker reasons should we be rooting for Atlanta?

And NFC north for that matter?  Im rooting for the bears because i sincerely think the Vikings are the better team.  Id prefer to play catch up with the bears than the vikings.

25 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

so for wild card tiebreakers, who are we rooting for this weekend?  New Orleans obviously over Phili , but what about Dallas vs Atlanta???  As far as a pure threat, I take Dallas because I view atlanta as the bigger threat to us for obvious reasons.........but for tiebreaker reasons should we be rooting for Atlanta?

And NFC north for that matter?  Im rooting for the bears because i sincerely think the Vikings are the better team.  Id prefer to play catch up with the bears than the vikings.

Wild Card is out of the equation pretty much at this point.  Too many teams ahead of us.  We have to root for the Division now.  Anyway, root for the Falcons because we have to beat them anyway.  If you must know, you should root for the Cowboys.  We have to win out, and if we win out we are ahead of both the Cowboys and Falcons anyway, but we want the Falcons to have nothing to play for when we play them a few weeks from now. 

in packers history, we have made much more improbable rallies to the wildcard than this.  We are still in the wild card.  5th spot is locked in with the Panthers, so I dont count them.  When not counting the NFC division leaders, the only teams ahead of us are Minnesota, Seattle, and soon to be one of Dallas/Atlanta.  If New Orleans does their part against the Eagles, and i think they will, we are still very much alive for the wild card as well.  

Vikings:  

@ Bears (L)

Packers (.......W) [and all of the Packers faithful lose their collective mind ........but there is hope]

@ Patriots (L)

@ Seattle (L)

Dolphins (W)

@ Lions (L) [Lions are tough at home, theyll take that one]

forecast:  careen off the face of the earth with ruthless schedule closing out (7-8-1)

Bears:

Vikings (W)

@ Lions (L)

@ Giants (W) [I could still see them losing this one]

Rams (L)

Packers (L) (needs to be or this is all for nothing)

@ 49ers (W)

forecast:  9-7  (second wild card slot)

Seattle:  

@ Panthers (L)

49ers (W)

Vikings (W)

@ 49ers (W) [id like to think the Seahawks are good for a solid choke here, we can hope for it, but i think they squeek by]

Chiefs (L)

Cardinals (W)

forecast:  (9-7)

Eagles:  

@ Saints (L)

Giants (W)

Redskins (W) [I think theyll pull the upset here]

@ Cowboys (L) [.......only to disappoint the following week in dallas)

@ Rams (L)

Texans (W)

forecast:  7-9

Cowboys:

@ Falcons (L)

Redskins (W)

Saints (L)

Eagles  (W)

@ Colts (L)

Buccs (W)

forecast: 8-8

Falcons:

Cowboys (W)

@ Saints (L)

Ravens (W)

@ Packers (L) 

Cardinals (W)

@ Panthers (L)

forecast (7-9)

Packers:

@ Vikings (......L) [and the rampaging on this board will be off the charts........Season's over, etc, etc, etc]

Cardinals (W)

Falcons (W) [it is here we have a nail biter go our way that puts the wind in our sails]

@ Bears (W) [not as good as they think they are, Falcons W will give us boost to take it to them in chicago]

@ Jets (W) 

Lions (W)

forecast:  (9-6-1) a loss in Minnesota followed by 5 straight Ws.  We are officially "the team no one wants to play in the playoffs" (......even though frankly, we are not that scary).  We will have a play date with Carolina in Lambeau.

Its tight boys and girls, but even a loss next week, as illustrated here, a pretty level-headed prediction chart, we are very much alive for both NFCN and Wild Card spot 6.  

36 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

in packers history, we have made much more improbable rallies to the wildcard than this.  We are still in the wild card.  5th spot is locked in with the Panthers, so I dont count them.  When not counting the NFC division leaders, the only teams ahead of us are Minnesota, Seattle, and soon to be one of Dallas/Atlanta.  If New Orleans does their part against the Eagles, and i think they will, we are still very much alive for the wild card as well.  

Vikings:  

@ Bears (L)

Packers (.......W) [and all of the Packers faithful lose their collective mind ........but there is hope]

@ Patriots (L)

@ Seattle (L)

Dolphins (W)

@ Lions (L) [Lions are tough at home, theyll take that one]

forecast:  careen off the face of the earth with ruthless schedule closing out (7-8-1)

Bears:

Vikings (W)

@ Lions (L)

@ Giants (W) [I could still see them losing this one]

Rams (L)

Packers (L) (needs to be or this is all for nothing)

@ 49ers (W)

forecast:  9-7  (second wild card slot)

Seattle:  

@ Panthers (L)

49ers (W)

Vikings (W)

@ 49ers (W) [id like to think the Seahawks are good for a solid choke here, we can hope for it, but i think they squeek by]

Chiefs (L)

Cardinals (W)

forecast:  (9-7)

Eagles:  

@ Saints (L)

Giants (W)

Redskins (W) [I think theyll pull the upset here]

@ Cowboys (L) [.......only to disappoint the following week in dallas)

@ Rams (L)

Texans (W)

forecast:  7-9

Cowboys:

@ Falcons (L)

Redskins (W)

Saints (L)

Eagles  (W)

@ Colts (L)

Buccs (W)

forecast: 8-8

Falcons:

Cowboys (W)

@ Saints (L)

Ravens (W)

@ Packers (L) 

Cardinals (W)

@ Panthers (L)

forecast (7-9)

Packers:

@ Vikings (......L) [and the rampaging on this board will be off the charts........Season's over, etc, etc, etc]

Cardinals (W)

Falcons (W) [it is here we have a nail biter go our way that puts the wind in our sails]

@ Bears (W) [not as good as they think they are, Falcons W will give us boost to take it to them in chicago]

@ Jets (W) 

Lions (W)

forecast:  (9-6-1) a loss in Minnesota followed by 5 straight Ws.  We are officially "the team no one wants to play in the playoffs" (......even though frankly, we are not that scary).  We will have a play date with Carolina in Lambeau.

Its tight boys and girls, but even a loss next week, as illustrated here, a pretty level-headed prediction chart, we are very much alive for both NFCN and Wild Card spot 6.  

Love the passion, Love the optimism. 

Now tell me Aaron Rodgers starts driving the ball again by shifting his weight appropriately and not throwing everything sidearm or 3/4 arm and I will feel better.

• Like 1

Andy Herman (from earlier this afternoon):

Today:

Bears over Vikings
Falcons over Cowboys
Saints over Eagles

Next week:

Saints over Falcons
Panthers over Seahawks
Packers over Vikings

These 6 things happen, none of which would be huge upsets, & the Packers reclaim the 6 seed by the end of next week.

Andy Herman (from earlier this afternoon):

Today:

Bears over Vikings
Falcons over Cowboys
Saints over Eagles

Next week:

Saints over Falcons
Panthers over Seahawks
Packers over Vikings

These 6 things happen, none of which would be huge upsets, & the Packers reclaim the 6 seed by the end of next week.

Update:

Dallas over Atlanta doesn’t really change much.
Just change next weeks’ Saints over Falcons result to Redskins over Cowboys.
Same thing.

football gods were kind to us this week, we got some wiggle room with that one.  NFC east was just blown wide open and the Panthers are officially dragged back into the mud.  the 5 spot is back up for grabs.  

Bears are giving it to Minnesota right now too.  (.........and seeing Mitch hit those quick slants outside and hitting his safety valves up the middle when nothing is available downfield makes me sad)

12 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Alex smith breaking his leg today makes Redskins over Cowboys a bit tougher.

That creates a bit of uncertainty in the East.

I agree.

I preferred the first run thru for next week:
Saints over Falcons
Panthers over Seahawks
Packers over Vikings

Tossing out the "sure thing" Saints over Falcons for Redskins over Cowboys.........not to our advantage.

I think WA could take a slide with McCoy at the helm and Dallas take the East.

50 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

The Bears traded two first round picks for Khalil Mack..........

........and that was a BARGAIN.  

They flat out passed us by this year.  They went with a good young offensive mind in Matt Nagy as head coach.  They hit several free agent signing .. Burton, Gabriel, Robinson, etc.  They swung what looks like a great deal for Mack .. it will hurt them draft wise for a few years, but they are pretty much a sure playoff team and have one of the best defenses in football.  After screwing around for years it seems they hit it out of the park this season.  

Gute lost out to them on three key moves ..  Allen Robinson picked the Bears over Packers in free agency.  

Bears matched the offer sheet we put on Kyle Fuller .. he's played at a pro bowl level this year.  

And last but not least .. the Mack Deal.  I would have been fine to deal off both #1s for him .. not sure what Gute offered.  He's elevated the Bears defense to near elite level. 

Bottom line .. they've passed us by.