Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Nolan Cromwell is spinning in his grave. 

Sadly, Zook is only the second worst of the Pack's (two) Special Teams coordinators over the past decade.

I doubt anyone could ever top Shawn Slocum's years of poorly rated units culminating in the fake field goal/Brandon Bostick gaffes in his final game in Green Bay.

46 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Sadly, Zook is only the second worst of the Pack's (two) Special Teams coordinators over the past decade.

I doubt anyone could ever top Shawn Slocum's years of poorly rated units culminating in the fake field goal/Brandon Bostick gaffes in his final game in Green Bay.

I think Zook's was worse. Slocum's failed more dramatically in a more dramatic situation. 2014's team was worse with kick blocks, and slightly worse at punting and KO return, but 2018's was far worse on punt return and punt coverage, far worse on turnovers (-4 margin vs +1 in 2014), worse in point margin (-6 vs +/-0 in 2014). 2018 is a worse year than Slocum ever had imo.

6 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I think Zook's was worse. Slocum's failed more dramatically in a more dramatic situation. 2014's team was worse with kick blocks, and slightly worse at punting and KO return, but 2018's was far worse on punt return and punt coverage, far worse on turnovers (-4 margin vs +1 in 2014), worse in point margin (-6 vs +/-0 in 2014). 2018 is a worse year than Slocum ever had imo.

Both were inept and cost the Packers dearly;  both were retained way to long. McCarthy was to loyal to bad assistant coaches and one cause why he's now gone.  

Herman:

January 18, 2015 - August 23, 2015 - The true start of the Packers' decline:

1/18 - Packers lose to Seahawks in NFC Championship Game
4/30-5/2 - NFL Draft - Packers Draft: Randall, Rollins, Montgomery, Ryan, Hundley, Ripkowski, Ringo, Backman
8/23 - Nelson tears ACL

The hangover from the Seattle game speaks for itself. The 2015 Draft was bad as is, but it's worse when you consider that the Packers largely moved on from Hayward/Hyde because of their faith in Randall/Rollins. The Nelson injury helped give a blueprint on how to stop Rodgers.

Herman's opinion on Breeland:

Mostly a guy. Not bad. Not great. He’s a solid but average player. He’s the guy you don’t mind bringing in exactly when they did last year if your roster needs a CB after free agency & the draft. I wouldn’t pay him close to big money.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Herman's opinion on Breeland:

Mostly a guy. Not bad. Not great. He’s a solid but average player. He’s the guy you don’t mind bringing in exactly when they did last year if your roster needs a CB after free agency & the draft. I wouldn’t pay him close to big money.

Are you Herman? Why do you ride the guy so much?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Are you Herman? Why do you ride the guy so much?

LOL - No, I'm not Herman and I'm not riding anybody. He's one of a handful of people I follow on Twitter and I post comments from him (and others) you might find interesting.

Edited by Leader

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting. I've never even been to reddit. Only time I ever hear of it is from people here who read/post there. Interesting.

Neither have I, but to hear others speak of it it can't be good. It seems to me that it must be the Pinterest of conversation: "I just hot-glued two stupid thoughts together and got an even stupider thought that I thought you'd all like to experience!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Neither have I, but to hear others speak of it it can't be good. It seems to me that it must be the Pinterest of conversation: "I just hot-glued two stupid thoughts together and got an even stupider thought that I thought you'd all like to experience!"

That could be. Couldnt tell ya. Have never been there either.