Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

27 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Hey, I know we have discussed before, but just wondered if anything has changed.  Antonio Brown has asked for a trade.  I would offer a 2019 4th rd pick and a conditional 2020 3rd rd pick.  His salary would be just under $13m for 2019, $11.5m 2020 and $12.5m for 2021 from what I read and no guaranteed money.  I say kick the fricken tires!!!

yeah, we need to offer the 4th before new england does

33 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Hey, I know we have discussed before, but just wondered if anything has changed.  Antonio Brown has asked for a trade.  I would offer a 2019 4th rd pick and a conditional 2020 3rd rd pick.  His salary would be just under $13m for 2019, $11.5m 2020 and $12.5m for 2021 from what I read and no guaranteed money.  I say kick the fricken tires!!!

I'm still in. 

37 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Buy low, sell high, right?

Antonio Brown will never have a lower cost.

Always rare to be able to add someone with pure 1st ballot HOF material, certainly worth a 2nd look as opposed to like your Josh Gordon types who have just never really done it.

yes but the issue is also his age.

3 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Buy low, sell high, right?

Antonio Brown will never have a lower cost.

Always rare to be able to add someone with pure 1st ballot HOF material, certainly worth a 2nd look as opposed to like your Josh Gordon types who have just never really done it.

I died laughing on the way home the local station that basically covers the Vikings saying "it'll take at least two first round picks." Yeah, sure it will. 

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Ex Packers in aaf.

Maybe posted idk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/LongFormArticle/Packers-AAF-Week-1-results--128887498/Amp/

Just unreal how many are there. This IS a full on d league

Wow I hadn't thought about some of those guys in a long time. I really thought Bradford was going to do something.

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Ex Packers in aaf.

Maybe posted idk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/LongFormArticle/Packers-AAF-Week-1-results--128887498/Amp/

Just unreal how many are there. This IS a full on d league

Plan on checking it out at all? I might watch a game or two to see if it's entertaining, but I can't imagine it does any better than the XFL did. I did like the idea of some of the different rules they have though.

"- Onside kicks are not a part of The Alliance and instead "onside conversions" will be a new addition. If a team is trailing by 17 points or more inside of five minutes remaining in a game, they must convert a fourth-and-12 from their 28 in order to keep the ball."

Seems like you'd have a much better chance to convert a 4th and 12 than an actual onside kick.

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Plan on checking it out at all? I might watch a game or two to see if it's entertaining, but I can't imagine it does any better than the XFL did. I did like the idea of some of the different rules they have though.

"- Onside kicks are not a part of The Alliance and instead "onside conversions" will be a new addition. If a team is trailing by 17 points or more inside of five minutes remaining in a game, they must convert a fourth-and-12 from their 28 in order to keep the ball."

Seems like you'd have a much better chance to convert a 4th and 12 than an actual onside kick.

It's pretty much preseason football. The defense can't rush more than 5. They haven't had much time to work together as a unit so it's pretty sloppy. two of the most notable guys are Rahim Moore and Trent Richardson. 

But it's football!

12 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I'm still in. 

Anyone remember this signing?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1996-11-24-1996329162-story.html

Desperate teams tend to do desperate things.

Like signing wide receiver Andre Rison.

Desperate is about the best description of the Green Bay Packers' decision to claim Rison off waivers after he was cut loose by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The addition of Rison, though, is likely to be a cure that's worse than the illness.

It's hard to imagine a worse fit for the Packers than Rison. It's hard to imagine him running the disciplined routes needed for the West Coast offense. 

That addition worked out pretty well considering this play...

Edited by thrILL!
Bad Moon Brown

So I saw two things about the AAF that made me like it, both of which probably make me a bad person: 

1. I saw a QB get hit hard, with a proper form tackle that had some minor incidental helmet to helmet contact. His helmet flew off (AJ Hawk style) and no flag was thrown.

2. A receiver running a deep route got hit just as the ball was arriving. There was incidental helmet to helmet contact. No flag was thrown. 

Weird as hell watching players moving without that hesitation. Even if they are scrubs.

• Like 1