Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I don't think the Andre Rison acquisition can be compared.  Rison was signed on to a team that had GREAT leadership and was heading into the playoffs.  There was little risk because he was so dispensable if he didn't behave.  If you trade for A Brown, you're bringing him onto a non-playoff team with HUGE leadership questions.  It really has huge risk to blow up in your face.  His age and demeanor scare me more than his contract.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Norm said:

Ex Packers in aaf.

Maybe posted idk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/LongFormArticle/Packers-AAF-Week-1-results--128887498/Amp/

Just unreal how many are there. This IS a full on d league

Salt Lake Stallions with 3 former Packers. As a lifelong Stallions fan, I welcome this and hope they become a GB west farm team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

Plan on checking it out at all? I might watch a game or two to see if it's entertaining, but I can't imagine it does any better than the XFL did. I did like the idea of some of the different rules they have though.

"- Onside kicks are not a part of The Alliance and instead "onside conversions" will be a new addition. If a team is trailing by 17 points or more inside of five minutes remaining in a game, they must convert a fourth-and-12 from their 28 in order to keep the ball."

Seems like you'd have a much better chance to convert a 4th and 12 than an actual onside kick.

I've watched a little already. It seems alright. It's football. I'll keep watching. And yeah that seems awful easy

What would you be willing to give Wilkerson to bring him back? Nothing more than the league minimum for me. Very small sample size last year no doubt (about 2.5 regular season games), but he showed next to nothing and now is coming off a very bad leg injury. A minimal deal with no guarantees so we can cut him at the end of TC if necessary sounds about right, otherwise, look elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What would you be willing to give Wilkerson to bring him back? Nothing more than the league minimum for me. Very small sample size last year no doubt (about 2.5 regular season games), but he showed next to nothing and now is coming off a very bad leg injury. A minimal deal with no guarantees so we can cut him at the end of TC if necessary sounds about right, otherwise, look elsewhere. 

I'd probably give him 1 year, $3M.  Then put some incentives in there that can push him to $5M if he hits thresh holds for games played, tackles, sacks...etc.  Let him earn back up to last year's deal.  Honestly, I don't know why he wouldn't take it and it would give GB great depth, even if they draft a DL relatively high in the draft.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'd probably give him 1 year, $3M.  Then put some incentives in there that can push him to $5M if he hits thresh holds for games played, tackles, sacks...etc.  Let him earn back up to last year's deal.  Honestly, I don't know why he wouldn't take it and it would give GB great depth, even if they draft a DL relatively high in the draft.

Exactly, load it with incentives, if he plays well, pay the man his money. No issues with Mo coming back, if he liked GB he can be an asset. We should draft a replacement for Daniels/Wilk this year but it'd be nice to allow that rookie time to grow without having to be the guy next to Clark.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Exactly, load it with incentives, if he plays well, pay the man his money. No issues with Mo coming back, if he liked GB he can be an asset. We should draft a replacement for Daniels/Wilk this year but it'd be nice to allow that rookie time to grow without having to be the guy next to Clark.

Sign Mo and draft Simmons @ 30.  Serendipity.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It just makes so much sense that it should happen, right?

I can't see him having even as good a market as he did last year.  A nice incentive contract should work for him...and hopefully get him motivated.  

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I've watched a little already. It seems alright. It's football. I'll keep watching. And yeah that seems awful easy

In the NFL, 4th and 12 has a 19% success rate. The year before the rules change, onside success rate was 23% (over the past decade it’s been lower than that though though). It’s in the right ballpark. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

In the NFL, 4th and 12 has a 19% success rate. The year before the rules change, onside success rate was 23% (over the past decade it’s been lower than that though though). It’s in the right ballpark. 

wow, did not expect this. But like you said, with the new rules, not even worth comparing