Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Jeff Janis and MVS don't count but Trevor davis does?

Not sure it will eve translate to the field, but EQ timed comparable to Jennings.

ESB reminds me of Jennings in that both are just so very smooth.  Obvious difference is their frame/body, but both seem effortless as athletes.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Lol, I hope this Davante Adams/ocho Cinco materializes into some kind of televised bet. Ocho thinks he can shut him down 9/10 times off the line.

Kiss the baby

Guessing that one out of ten times, Adams jukes him so hard on the line that Oco loses a shoe.

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Lol, I hope this Davante Adams/ocho Cinco materializes into some kind of televised bet. Ocho thinks he can shut him down 9/10 times off the line.

Kiss the baby

Isn't he just teasing? I think he loves Adams

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

Whoops MVS is probably the fastest.

Is MVS faster than Davis?  MVS is obviously a better WR.  I just don't think he is faster.

I would love if they had a 100 yard race at family night.  There is enough room for 8 or 10 guys to line up across the field and race.  I would really have liked to see a race between Sam Shields, Nick Collins, and Ryan Grant. 

[edit] It appears that MVS had a faster 40 time than Davis.  It was 4.37 to 4.42, so not a huge difference.  I thought Davis ran faster than that though.  I thought wrong.

Edited by ThatJerkDave

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It appears that MVS had a faster 40 time than Davis.  It was 4.37 to 4.42, so not a huge difference.  I thought Davis ran faster than that though.  I thought wrong.

I thought the same thing. They're both fast, but MVS is the fastest WR we've had since... Javon Walker, maybe?

Also, .05 doesn't seem like much, but it's actually slightly greater than the difference between Trevor Davis and Greg Jennings/Randall Cobb, who both ran 4.46.

2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I thought the same thing. They're both fast, but MVS is the fastest WR we've had since... Javon Walker, maybe?

Also, .05 doesn't seem like much, but it's actually slightly greater than the difference between Trevor Davis and Greg Jennings/Randall Cobb, who both ran 4.46.

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1930&draftyear=2002&genpos=WR

This had Walker at 4.35.  I guess Javon was good enough at running routes, high pointing the ball, and making contested catches that I didn't really think of him as a speed guy.  

I know Jordy didn't time well, but he had that stride like Ryan Grant.  I would say that Jordy easily beats Jennings and Cobb in the 100.

15 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Two things:

One, lol at Fackrell being better than Floyd this year. 

Two, Bears fans seemed to lol at the idea of losing Lynch being remotely significant. 

Just reconfirms that the Bears defense is NOT going to be the same at all next year. 

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Two things:

One, lol at Fackrell being better than Floyd this year. 

Two, Bears fans seemed to lol at the idea of losing Lynch being remotely significant. 

Just reconfirms that the Bears defense is NOT going to be the same at all next year. 

I don't think losing an average defender is that big of a deal. 

• Like 1

Just now, JBURGE said:

That "average defender" was the third best pass rusher in the division.  On top of them losing their starting safety, slot corner and defensive coordinator with zero money to replace him. 

Imagine what our defense looks like heading into this upcoming season if we were to lose Tramon Williams, Beshaud Breeland, Kyler Fackrell, Mike Pettine and have zero money and only a 3rd round pick to replace them. 

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Only 3 things will lead to the Bears defense taking a step back:

1. If Pagano isnt nearly as good as Fangio;

2. If they lose both Callahan and Amos and dont replace either one with a comparable FA;

3. A few key injuries. 

Even if 1 and 2 happen, their D will still most likely be a top 10 unit simply due to the amount of talent they have there. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That "average defender" was the third best pass rusher in the division.  On top of them losing their starting safety, slot corner and defensive coordinator with zero money to replace him. 

Imagine what our defense looks like heading into this upcoming season if we were to lose Tramon Williams, Beshaud Breeland, Kyler Fackrell, Mike Pettine and have zero money and only a 3rd round pick to replace them. 

Yea but the problem is they still have Mack, Hicks, Smith, Jackson and Fuller, five players who would be the best at their position on our team. So you're talking apples and oranges comparing their defense to ours. They have a TON of talent on defense. I think they take a step back but we're still talking a top 10 defense absent some major injuries.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1