Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

18 hours ago, Leader said:

Herman:

For those asking, I’m 100% on the Brown to GB train. Brown would be a deep threat & playmaker for Rodgers & would create space underneath for Adams/Graham. He’s great after the catch & he doesn’t come with any baggage or headaches. We’re all taking about John Brown, right?!

This is what I have been a proponent for.  For a good number of years.  It's one of the biggest reasons why I was upset with Rodgers/McCarthy from 2015-2017. 

We don't need a player to have 50 receptions for 17 yards per catch.  All we need is the THREAT of that player. 

I got furious with Rodgers and McCarthy for not taking more shots to Trevor Davis and Jeff Janis.  In Trevor's rookie year, Rodgers took a shot to him and it generated the longest pass interference penalty in NFL history. 

I'm not trying to brag or pat my back here, but I was the only one here shouting for Jared Cook.  Not because I thought he was going to be some 80 reception tight end, but because I knew he could provide that THREAT

If we were to connect on 2 out of 6 deep passes, if 2 of them were intercepted and 2 were drops, it would do wonders for our offense. 

It is also the most embarrassing aspect of Aaron's season.  I'm sure the Rodgers love fest here will completely forget it, but either Rodgers purposefully threw away deep passes, or his deep pass game was completely dead this year.  I couldn't count with all my digits the number of times Aaron threw it 20 yards out of bounds this year.  That did absolutely nothing for our offense.  NOTHING. 

Rodgers is terrified of interceptions, and it is crippling our offense.  If teams aren't afraid of Rodgers taking risks deep, it's exceedingly easy to defend our offense.

Thus, all we need is a player to provide that risk, and we actually have to risk throwing it to them. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Of course Guy becomes a solid interior DL player with NE after bouncing around the league for about 6 years. 

Yeah go figure. Like usual though NE doesn’t ask every guy to do to much.

That was Guys issue he had a learning disability and we gave up on him too early. Really good size I wished we had of waited on him a bit longer. Oh well though another TT pick that he got crap over but the guy turned out. Lots of TT guys all over the nfl.