Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

They ran out of book and Hollywood took over. 

True, but there was plenty of book material that they left out.  I think the moment that ruined the show's story for me was (SPOILERS IN WHITE) either:  the womyn's movement in Dorne, or when Danaerys recruited the remaining Dothraki people by killing their elders and doing what should be considered witchcraft.  Also the Iron Born just stink all the way around from the moment they are introduced until the current part of the show.  The only redeeming part of their portrayal is that Alfie Allen is a very good actor.  This was a very interesting story with twists and turns and morally grey characters, but now it is good guys vs bad guys set in fantasy medieval Europe.  It is still entertaining, but you no longer have to think, and you probably shouldn't.

It went from the Godfather to Scarface.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Anybody interested in trading for Gerald McCoy?  Due $13m this year, and if your interested, what would you give up?  Me, I would give up a 2020 4th rd pick of lower.

Not at all. We have enough on the DL at this point, plus this would require us to move cap around to fit him under.

• Like 1

In case anyone missed Rodgers two very brief cameos in last night's episode of Game of Thrones, here's a link to some still-shots of his work.  FYI, he died a fiery death by dragon, LOL.  Vikings and Bears tolls are having a field day with memes and tweets on social media, of course:

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2019/05/12/aaron-rodgers-makes-appearance-game-thrones-twitter-reacts/1186011001/?fbclid=IwAR2084jMdjjnuF1xCUGx7GTFdsSKFxmu_y0Lvrl7pEvtPeBDX_5djz2CImc

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

In case anyone missed Rodgers two very brief cameos in last night's episode of Game of Thrones, here's a link to some still-shots of his work.  FYI, he died a fiery death by dragon, LOL.  Vikings and Bears tolls are having a field day with memes and tweets on social media, of course:

Of course the trolls are having fun with it.  There is nothing on those downward trending teams to keep them entertained.

There is no one on either of those rosters who GoT would consider celebrity enough for a cameo.

Last August as Packer fans trimmed their rosters to a "final" 53...
All of these dudes were part of that discussion. And now 9 months later - they're all gone.
There's (4) 1st rounders and (2) 2nds among them, a real smattering of NFL players

Ty Montgomery, Devante Mays, Aaron Ripkowski, Joel Bouagnon, Joe Kerridge, Lance Kendricks, DeAngelo Yancey
Byron Bell,  Kyle Murphy,  Dillon Day, Kofi Amichia, Austin Davis.
Joey Mbu, Muhammad Wilkerson, Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Vince Biegel, Ahmad Thomas, Greer Martini, Chris Odom, Antonio Morrison. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Kentrell Brice, Davon House, Demetri Goodson, Quinten Rollins, Herb Waters, Josh Hawkins, Jermaine Whitehead, Marwin Evans, Donatello Brown.

59 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Last August as Packer fans trimmed their rosters to a "final" 53...
All of these dudes were part of that discussion. And now 9 months later - they're all gone.
There's (4) 1st rounders and (2) 2nds among them, a real smattering of NFL players

Ty Montgomery, Devante Mays, Aaron Ripkowski, Joel Bouagnon, Joe Kerridge, Lance Kendricks, DeAngelo Yancey
Byron Bell,  Kyle Murphy,  Dillon Day, Kofi Amichia, Austin Davis.
Joey Mbu, Muhammad Wilkerson, Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Vince Biegel, Ahmad Thomas, Greer Martini, Chris Odom, Antonio Morrison. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Kentrell Brice, Davon House, Demetri Goodson, Quinten Rollins, Herb Waters, Josh Hawkins, Jermaine Whitehead, Marwin Evans, Donatello Brown.

Can't say I'm upset about any of them tbh. Maybe Wilkerson, though I don't know how much of that is me thinking about his Jets glory days rather than his present self.

10 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Can't say I'm upset about any of them tbh. Maybe Wilkerson, though I don't know how much of that is me thinking about his Jets glory days rather than his present self.

I'm upset about Haha only in regards to how that all turned out.