Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

15 minutes ago, Chili said:

The Packers OTA are now underway.

The offence started out with the 2WR, 1 TE, 1 RB, 1FB set. (If there's a name for this please let me know as I don't have a clue).

This is interesting as that mirrors how the 49ers run their offence which I thought might happen.

We're used to seeing 3 or even 4 WRs but I theorised that we would be seeing more base 2 WR sets, the TE would essentially be the 3rd receiver, our slot guy. The 4th receiver would be our RB. The downside to this that by making the TE a receiver we would lose a blocker on the line but that is where the FB comes in. 

The 49ers have a competent TE and FB who can block and catch which helps make their offence a little more unpredictable. Unfortunately for us we have a one dimensional TE and we have a fullback with unproven blocking ability.

21 Personnel

https://theinsidezone.com/football-101-offensive-personnel

52 minutes ago, Chili said:

The Packers OTA are now underway.

The offence started out with the 2WR, 1 TE, 1 RB, 1FB set. (If there's a name for this please let me know as I don't have a clue).

This is interesting as that mirrors how the 49ers run their offence which I thought might happen.

We're used to seeing 3 or even 4 WRs but I theorised that we would be seeing more base 2 WR sets, the TE would essentially be the 3rd receiver, our slot guy. The 4th receiver would be our RB. The downside to this that by making the TE a receiver we would lose a blocker on the line but that is where the FB comes in. 

The 49ers have a competent TE and FB who can block and catch which helps make their offence a little more unpredictable. Unfortunately for us we have a one dimensional TE and we have a fullback with unproven blocking ability.

21 personnel.

Really hoping this isn't the staple

• Like 1