Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

So...should we post an over/under for how long it takes Dunne or McGinn write about how Rodgers hates the backup linemen? 

While neglecting he went out of his way to praise the Oline depth right after this.

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Thank you for noticing this by the way. This has been something I'm trying to avoid doing and have been for a while. I'll fully admit to still using "kids" when I'm talking about a group of younger players, and I should stop doing that as well.

I'll be honest, it kinda rubs me the wrong way even when a guy like Tramon does it (though I think it's in no way said maliciously). It seems like it gives off this vibe of superiority and I think it's starting to bother some of the younger guys (or of the younger generation to phrase it differently). It implies they're not as valid of players or teammates until they've been in the league for a few years and I think that's absolute bull**** with the direction the league is going. 

13 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I’ve been preaching this for years also.  These are grown men - not boys or kids!  Thank you, and Arthur.

Imagine thinking you should be calling Kenny Clark a kid because you're like 30.

• Like 1

From CheeseheadTV

The Green Bay Packers' general manager reportedly placed an unsuccessful waiver claim on former New York Jets tight end Jordan Leggett, according to ESPN's Field Yates. Leggett was released by the team on Monday subsequently signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Packers were one of four teams who placed unsuccessful claims on him.

Packers are sitting at # 12 in the waiver line-up until game 4 of the regular season, then they re-adjust based on 2019 W/L record

3 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I'm sure a lot of those drills are standardized, but it's worth noting that they were specifically practicing tight end & tackle outside zone runs a lot.

If combination blocks are zone blocking, then everything is zone blocking.