Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

The Cowboys are boned no matter what they do with Elliot, Prescott and Cooper.  Elliot is worth the money at RB and doesn't have a brain big enough to keep himself from making idiot decisions, Cooper is a painfully average receiver who will give you three monster games, 3 good games, 4 average games and 6 games where he does absolutely nothing and Prescott is the most average QB there is and will quickly become below average as soon as he is paid due to his cap space taking away the Cowboys ability to pay the players that made him what he is. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I really wouldn't want to pay any of them what they will ultimately command, but I wouldn't call Cooper's play in Dallas last year average.

I'm not seeing much reason to take the 9 game sample size over the 50 game sample size.

And as far as Cooper's year with Dallas...

His season was exactly what I said it would be. 

5 - 58 - 1 TD
6 - 75
3 - 36
8 - 180 - 2 TD
8 - 76
10 - 217 - 3 TD
4 - 32
4 - 20
5 - 31

7 - 106
6 - 65 - 1 TD

It was the same thing in Oakland.  His four games there this season he had two monster games, three games under 20 yards. 

Last year he had a 200 yard game and a 100 yard game, but he also had 9 games under 50 yards, 8 under 40 yards, 7 under 30 yards, 5 under 20 yards.

His sophomore year he had 4 games over 120 yards, but 9 games under 60 yards (6 of which were under 40 yards). 

His rookie year he had 5 games over 100 yards, but 8 games under 50 yards (4 of which were under 30 yards). 

Compare that with Davante Adams, who, with Brett Hundley, had only 4 games under 50 yards, and two of which he left due to injury.

If you're paying Amari Cooper that kind of money, you're asking to lose any team building momentum you had. 

Amari Cooper is more likely to have a terrible game each year than he is to have a great or even average game.  His numbers prove that.  If you consider a terrible game under 50 yards and a big game over 100 yards... 

2018 - 4 big games, 8 terrible games
2017 - 2 big games, 9 terrible games
2016 - 4 big games, 6 terrible games
2015 - 5 big games, 8 terrible games

Compare that with Davante Adams.  Davante had one SINGLE game under 50 yards last year.  ONE.  That was against Bill Belichick, who does what?  He completely eliminates the team's best weapon.  That's Davante, and Davante still had 6 catches for 40 yards and a TD. 

Look at all the number one receivers in the league and you will not find one worth much who has more games under 50 yards each year than over. 

We're talking about a receiver who has a career best 7 touchdowns in a season. 

People who like Amari Cooper... I just am helpless but to laugh.  A whole bunch of people were pointing fingers and laughing after Cooper's 200 yard game, but the pointing and laughing really isn't warranted.  He's nothing a lot more than he's something. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

5 - 58 - 1 TD
6 - 75
3 - 36
8 - 180 - 2 TD
8 - 76
10 - 217 - 3 TD
4 - 32
4 - 20
5 - 31

7 - 106
6 - 65 - 1 TD

It was the same thing in Oakland.  His four games there this season he had two monster games, three games under 20 yards. 

Last year he had a 200 yard game and a 100 yard game, but he also had 9 games under 50 yards, 8 under 40 yards, 7 under 30 yards, 5 under 20 yards.

His sophomore year he had 4 games over 120 yards, but 9 games under 60 yards (6 of which were under 40 yards). 

His rookie year he had 5 games over 100 yards, but 8 games under 50 yards (4 of which were under 30 yards). 

Compare that with Davante Adams, who, with Brett Hundley, had only 4 games under 50 yards, and two of which he left due to injury.

If you're paying Amari Cooper that kind of money, you're asking to lose any team building momentum you had. 

Amari Cooper is more likely to have a terrible game each year than he is to have a great or even average game.  His numbers prove that.  If you consider a terrible game under 50 yards and a big game over 100 yards... 

Compare that with Davante Adams.  Davante had one SINGLE game under 50 yards last year.  ONE.  That was against Bill Belichick, who does what?  He completely eliminates the team's best weapon.  That's Davante, and Davante still had 6 catches for 40 yards and a TD. 

Look at all the number one receivers in the league and you will not find one worth much who has more games under 50 yards each year than over. 

People who like Amari Cooper... I just am helpless but to laugh.  A whole bunch of people were pointing fingers and laughing after Cooper's 200 yard game, but the pointing and laughing really isn't warranted.  He's nothing a lot more than he's something. 

It is a bit of Barry Sanders vs Emmitt Smith argument......

I for one preferred Sanders, even though he had a bunch of 15-40-0  games.... its the 200 yard ones that win games for you single-handed...hence big plays matter too...

Though I do agree Adams is better than Cooper....

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

5 - 58 - 1 TD
6 - 75
3 - 36
8 - 180 - 2 TD
8 - 76
10 - 217 - 3 TD
4 - 32
4 - 20
5 - 31

7 - 106
6 - 65 - 1 TD

43 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

It is a bit of Barry Sanders vs Emmitt Smith argument......

I for one preferred Sanders, even though he had a bunch of 15-40-0  games.... its the 200 yard ones that win games for you single-handed...hence big plays matter too...

Though I do agree Adams is better than Cooper....

Well no kidding Adams is better than Cooper. This is a bad comparison. Adams is a top 5ish WR, Cooper is an above average WR.

He wasn't worth a 1st rounder and I sure wouldn't want to pay him.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Well no kidding Adams is better than Cooper. This is a bad comparison. Adams is a top 5ish WR, Cooper is an above average WR.

He wasn't worth a 1st rounder and I sure wouldn't want to pay him.

I love me some Davante Adams, but top 5 might be a little rich for me. He's really close to top 5 though. 

Julio Jones

DeAndre Hopkins

Odell Beckham Jr. 

Antonio Brown

Michael Thomas

Mike Evans

Tyreek Hill (if he's not suspended indefinitely

59 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I love me some Davante Adams, but top 5 might be a little rich for me. He's really close to top 5 though. 

Julio Jones

DeAndre Hopkins

Odell Beckham Jr. 

Antonio Brown

Michael Thomas

Mike Evans

Living in NOLA and seeing Thomas play often, I 100% believe Adams is at least on par with him. Evans has a ton of potential but I don't think he's better than Adams at this point in his career.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

Julio Jones

DeAndre Hopkins

Odell Beckham Jr. 

Antonio Brown

Michael Thomas

Mike Evans

I'd Take him over Thomas and Evans. Jones and AB are both north of 30yrs old. And Davante is just 26 and coming into his prime!

Just wanted to point that out. B|

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

Julio Jones

DeAndre Hopkins

Odell Beckham Jr. 

Antonio Brown

Michael Thomas

Mike Evans

Which is why I said top 5 ish. Means he’s close 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fattlipp said:

looked up 3 random top 10 or top 20 lists, Adams is only in the top 10 in one of them,  Cooper and Adams were within 3 spots in all of them...

"Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true".  ---Abraham Lincoln

Anyone calling Amari Cooper an average receiver might be right, so far in his career... he's an insane talent who's shown more than enough flashs of greatness. Don't ask me to decide between Dak, Coop and Zeke, cuz I might just tell you to frick off and hire TT. 

#12 likes LaFleaur AKA "Captain Blood". He never really talked about MM that way and mentioned how excited he was about MLF's offense and how it can limit the need for him to go off schedule/late read. This may be a coach/player bromance in the making.

Thinks the defense looks good, said the depth is better and Savage/Amos looks good.

MVS looks fantastic

Talked about Jimmy a lot 

players want to go to England too.

12 also wants Jordy to come off the farm and I'm not sure he's joking.

https://www.packers.com/video/rodgers-says-nelson-is-one-of-the-greatest-in-packers-history