Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm sick of us trying to find the next Antonio Gates.  Pharoah McKever isn't gonna do a damn thing.  Robert Tonyan isn't gonna do a damn thing.  Just like Michael Clark didn't do a damn thing, just like Colt Lyeria didn't do a damn thing and just like at least 3 athletic nobody tight ends each year have done nothing for us each year. 

Everybody's acting like Tonyan is gonna do something because he had a 54 yard TD against the Seahawks on a play that Rodgers extended.  He had three catches for 23 yards outside of that one play. 

i agree & frankly wouldn't be surprised if murphy was behind this ****.

done with bringing tight ends to camp 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm sick of us trying to find the next Antonio Gates.  Pharoah McKever isn't gonna do a damn thing.  Robert Tonyan isn't gonna do a damn thing.  Just like Michael Clark didn't do a damn thing, just like Colt Lyeria didn't do a damn thing and just like at least 3 athletic nobody tight ends each year have done nothing for us each year. 

Everybody's acting like Tonyan is gonna do something because he had a 54 yard TD against the Seahawks on a play that Rodgers extended.  He had three catches for 23 yards outside of that one play. 

What's the alternative?

You're not sick of bringing in athletic TEs to compete in camp, you're sick of people around here posting their bad takes that these guys are anything other than lottery tickets.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I like Tonyan, because out of all of them, I think he has the highest football IQ.  Nothing concrete to place that on, besides the fact that he was a QB, then a WR and now a TE.  I think the kid has a good brain to go with some pretty solid physical gifts.  Oh...and soft looking hands.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What's the alternative?

You're not sick of bringing in athletic TEs to compete in camp, you're sick of people around here posting their bad takes that these guys are anything other than lottery tickets.

That's a great comparison right there. That's why you bring camp fodder in: they're lottery tickets. Lyerla was a lottery ticket, So'oto was a lottery ticket that basically gave you your money back given his success in the preseason that failed to materialize during the regular season; same with Jayrone Elliott to a lesser extent as well as Reggie Gilbert.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I like Tonyan, because out of all of them, I think he has the highest football IQ.  Nothing concrete to place that on, besides the fact that he was a QB, then a WR and now a TE.  I think the kid has a good brain to go with some pretty solid physical gifts.  Oh...and soft looking hands.  

Tonyan is probably the best offensive, developmental UDFA we've had since Allison IMHO. I think he can develop into a reliable TE2/TE3. It'll be interesting to see how the TE actually functions in this iteration of MLF's offense. I think we'll have more answers than questions at the end of the year.

5 hours ago, gopackgo247 said:

jones looks noticeably bulked up this summer

20357_a11.jpgH

Here is Jones on what looks like 17 December 2017 (his rookie year) against the Panthers. I don't see much obvious difference. This would also be at the end of the season rather than the start, so if he was ever going to look (and be) lighter, it would be then.

On 6/10/2019 at 5:15 PM, Outpost31 said:

If you hit on one of these guys every 50 players it is worth the effort. There is a chance Tonyan won't develop, but there is that one percent he does and that is worth taking the time to try and develop a kid making a switch from college WR to NFL TE. 

I think the kid is going to make the team and if he does he's likely going to get the second most target at the position behind Graham. Unless Sternberger gets on Rodgers good side, difficult for a rookie to do, then he will be. 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

That's not Danica Patrick. Is that deal over with already? I mean, she's cute, but clearly not Danica. 

That's one of the Bucks owner's daughter.

Edit: I obviously didn't see Ghost already answered that.

Edited by wgbeethree