Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

41 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Citation needed. 

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=581206&start=0

That's the thread on Bakhtiari re-signing.  You didn't say a single word about it in 12 pages. 

I said this: clearly i was skeptical of extending bakhtiari after we took spriggs thinking that was the cost-effective way going foward. But the staff got a few months to noodle that over and went w/ Bakh which is a prudent move for what might be the rest of Rodgers' prime. The ideal situation was having Bakh come in much improved and earning an extension IMO. Seems to be what happened and that is good news for this team.

and called you a troll haha

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd say the forum as a whole is very lukewarm on inside linebackers.  They like them so long as they're either underpaid or on a reasonable deal.

Fixed it for you.

Are we wrong? Elliot Wolf literally said the same thing about the Packers organizational philosophy. Think it was after they passed on Reggie Ragland or Myles Jack or something.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Fumbles are a ridiculously unrelaible turnover stat.  And how many missed tackles are you willing to risk for a few more fumbles?  I'd rather have an ILB who is assignment-sure, and doesn't have a ton of missed tackles over one who creates a couple more forced fumbles.

I mean I think fumble recoveries are unreliable because you might just be the guy who gets the lucky bounce. Forced fumbles to me shows the ability to create potential turnovers. Turnovers change games. Turnovers win games. I wouldn't necessarily correlate causing fumbles with being less assignment sure or missing tackles. He doesn't have to be Peanut Tillman out there throwing punches at the ball.  

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fixed it for you.

Are we wrong? Elliot Wolf literally said the same thing about the Packers organizational philosophy. Think it was after they passed on Reggie Ragland or Myles Jack or something.

How many people were ready to throw chairs at their TV because the Packers passed on Eric Kendricks?  Pretty sure most wanted Stephone Anthony there as well.  Pretty sure there was a large faction that wanted Jaylon Smith and Reggie Ragland over Kenny Clark.  It's clear there is a philosophical reasoning for not addressing the ILB position more heavily.  We're not going to carry All Pros there because we're not investing premium picks into that position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean I think fumble recoveries are unreliable because you might just be the guy who gets the lucky bounce. Forced fumbles to me shows the ability to create potential turnovers. Turnovers change games. Turnovers win games. I wouldn't necessarily correlate causing fumbles with being less assignment sure or missing tackles. He doesn't have to be Peanut Tillman out there throwing punches at the ball.  

That's why they're ridiculously unrealible.  The ball can literally bounce in a million different ways.  And you usually are risking a missed tackle by going for a forced fumble.  How many missed tackles are you willing to endure in order to get another forced fumble or two?

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's why they're ridiculously unrealible.  The ball can literally bounce in a million different ways.  And you usually are risking a missed tackle by going for a forced fumble.  How many missed tackles are you willing to endure in order to get another forced fumble or two?

To be fair, we’re already missing the tackles

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Anyone else want to tell on themselves regarding MVS, Bakh and Adams?

Sure.  

I thought that Spriggs was going to be a lot better than he was.  I thought that letting Bakhtiari walk as a FA was a sound financial move because he wasn't as good as he is now, then; and we had the ready replacement.  Bakhtiari improved, and Spriggs fell flat.  Bakhtiari is one of my favorites, and is well worth the money.  I was wrong.

I might have been down on Adams in game day threads with so many drops, I don't recall.  Probably was, the game day thread is for instant reactions and jokes and having a good time.  Analyze the game afterward, enjoy watching it live.  I don't believe that I wanted to cut him at any point.  

I don't believe I have said anything negative about MVS ever.  Maybe I thought drafting 3 WRs that year was overkill.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How many people were ready to throw chairs at their TV because the Packers passed on Eric Kendricks?  Pretty sure most wanted Stephone Anthony there as well.  Pretty sure there was a large faction that wanted Jaylon Smith and Reggie Ragland over Kenny Clark.  It's clear there is a philosophical reasoning for not addressing the ILB position more heavily.  We're not going to carry All Pros there because we're not investing premium picks into that position.

Yeah, the same fans that Outpost actually has a legit gripe about. Instead he's decided to gripe about everything, including the people who don't think Blake is anything super special that we need to bring back. Those people fall in line with the actual thinking of the Packers FO. We'll sign Blake to a team friendly deal, or not at all. 

43 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, the same fans that Outpost actually has a legit gripe about. Instead he's decided to gripe about everything, including the people who don't think Blake is anything super special that we need to bring back. Those people fall in line with the actual thinking of the Packers FO. We'll sign Blake to a team friendly deal, or not at all. 

I'd agree that Outpost tends to be a bit overly dramatic, but I think you're lying to yourself if you don't think there's a very vocal group that tends to have let's say questionable opinions.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd agree that Outpost tends to be a bit overly dramatic, but I think you're lying to yourself if you don't think there's a very vocal group that tends to have let's say questionable opinions.

Like not cutting higher drafted players on rookie contracts???  

:)

Sorry Cwood21, just messin' with yah!  

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Translation:

”Outpost is Galileo, this board believes the sun revolves around the Earth.”