Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I try not to look at race when I buy a $100 NFL jersey.

I've never purchased a player jersey. First off, I think the price is outrageous. Second, the only "product" I've purchased/worn is a cap of my favorite team (being bald, its a far more functional choice too.) Third, I stopped wearing jerseys when my playing days ended.

• Like 2

Just now, Scoremore said:

Cultural commonalities?  I mean we are all Americans right?  Sorry don't buy into any of AG's arguments.  To me they smack of racism and division.  

Yeah, it more than smacks of racism and division. As Meek Mill would say, "it's racist as hell".

Really though, it's just another circle jerk bait topic AG loves pull people into for his bizarre amusement- awful.

• Like 1

Ever hear of a guy named Jeff Query? Know what they called him? That wasn't THAT long ago. There is a definite tendency to cheer for guys like Kuhn and Bill Schroeder way more than their exploits or talents actually merit. Usually it's because they identify with them. It's natural though and never going to change.

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

I still don't get where you are going with this.  Rodgers is our QB the biggest star on the Packers.  Nelson was our #1 receiver for many years.  Fans loved him immensely not because he was white but because he was humble and a super great dude.  Matthews was the star of the D.  Not surprising they were the top selling jerseys.   You will see a lot more Alexander jerseys being sold.  Kenny Clark is a star of the D now although it's his position that will limit sales.  He does the dirty work.  Adams is a star his jersey's should be selling nicely.  I think your whole premise is based on your personal racist views.  People in Green Bay are not that way nor are most people in the state.  Donald Driver was one of the most beloved players in GB history.  Why?  Because much like Nelson he was humble and a super great guy.  99% of people in this country are not racists despite what the media tells you.

Kinda proving my point. Everybody's eager to throw the humble and hard worker label on Jordy Nelson and John Kuhn. Not saying neither of those guys weren't humble, but Randall Cobb and James Jones don't get that same treatment.

Our reporters asked 100x more questions about Jake Kumerow than they did MVS or EQ this off-season.

Were there any calls for Crosby to be cut in our major papers after another down year?

How many puff pieces were written about Tonyan as opposed to Tony Brown?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Just thinking about that 2015 hail mary vs Arizona in the playoffs. I'm still baffled as to why we didn't go for 2 to win it. We were banged up to all hell, came back on a combination of 2 amazing throws and we had all the momentum. We KNEW we couldn't trust our defense to get a stop in OT based on pretty much the entire previous 4 years. Between not going for 2 vs Arizona and settling for 2 FG on 4th and goal from the 1 vs Seattle, Mac made some costly conservative mistakes in the playoffs.

I had that discussion with some friends at the bar the next week.  Let's say the Packers converted the 2 point conversion.  We would have gone in to Carolina with 450 year old James Jones, Abby, and Janis as our WRs.  We weren't going to beat that Panthers team the next week.  Their defense was very good, our offense was beat to hell, this was Cam's MVP season.  The Cardinals got beat 49-15 the next week. 

That said, not going for 2 screwed everyone out of seeing one of the greatest games ever.  No matter the outcome.  It was already a great game with the overtime.

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kinda proving my point. Everybody's eager to throw the humble and hard worker label on Jordy Nelson and John Kuhn. Not saying neither of those guys weren't humble, but Randall Cobb and James Jones don't get that same treatment.

Our reporters asked 100x more questions about Jake Kumerow than they did MVS or EQ this off-season.

Were there any calls for Crosby to be cut in our major papers after another down year?

Ummm excuse me?  Randall Cobb was extremely popular in GB as was James Jones.   Tony Brown is new to the scene and I have been pulling for him personally really like his game.  Jake Kumerow  is an underdog story why people are pulling for him.  Crosby?   Look you have a divisive racist agenda.  You know where I stand not going to comment further on the subject.  

27 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Ummm excuse me?  Randall Cobb was extremely popular in GB as was James Jones.   Tony Brown is new to the scene and I have been pulling for him personally really like his game.  Jake Kumerow  is an underdog story why people are pulling for him.  Crosby?   Look you have a divisive racist agenda.  You know where I stand not going to comment further on the subject.  

Neither were ever as popular as Jordy. Neither got a spot on the Wisconsin Tourism advertisement circuit.

Brown and Tonyan came onto the scene at the same time. Tonyan hasn't been around any longer than Brown has.

We just saw 40% of our roster get cut. The majority of NFL players are under dog stories. Kumerow isn't any different in that regard. 

I'm not personally accusing you of harboring any feelings one way or another, there's a whole lot of Packer fans who don't get down like that, but there's also a ton of folks peddling that soft midwestern stuff that doesn't get people fired but is definitely cringe worthy. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It’s hit or miss whether I agree with you on things, but this I absolutely agree on and well said in describing it.