Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Please don't even out the rushing attempts between Jones and Williams.  One guy average 5.0 plus per, and the other is 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  Williams is good in the pass game, and in some short yardage situations, but Jones should get the vast majority of carries.

“Each game can dictate how much (Aaron) is going to carry the ball,” LaFleur said. “That is a pretty physical position and we’d like to keep a good balance between him and Jamaal, because we think Jamaal is a pretty darn good back as well. We’d like to even out those touches a little bit.”

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

green bay packers GIF by NFL

I've never had strong feelings about PFF one way or another, but this is a serious indictment of their credibility.

Pff likely is off but at the same time JA is going against some of the best week in and week out. It's early in the year too one good game will change those stats quickly. Seems odd though as he is always in his guys pocket.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Please don't even out the rushing attempts between Jones and Williams.  One guy average 5.0 plus per, and the other is 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  Williams is good in the pass game, and in some short yardage situations, but Jones should get the vast majority of carries.

“Each game can dictate how much (Aaron) is going to carry the ball,” LaFleur said. “That is a pretty physical position and we’d like to keep a good balance between him and Jamaal, because we think Jamaal is a pretty darn good back as well. We’d like to even out those touches a little bit.”

As coach said, I'm fine evening them out "a little bit." Right now Jones is on pace for 288 carries and 328 total touches. He's clearly our best back, but I don't think he makes it to the playoffs carrying that kind of load.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Pff likely is off but at the same time JA is going against some of the best week in and week out. It's early in the year too one good game will change those stats quickly. Seems odd though as he is always in his guys pocket.

I wonder if he was docked for the Diggs TD?  That wasn't even his man .. he peeled off his guy and tried to bail out King, who got beat.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wonder if he was docked for the Diggs TD?  That wasn't even his man .. he peeled off his guy and tried to bail out King, who got beat.

if they did PFF is a joke as you noted it was not his man ................ still he should have made that play.

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Even then 53 seems like a hugggge stretch. I think he was like top 10 after week 1 IIRC

Edited by Gopackgonerd

On 9/17/2019 at 12:35 PM, vegas492 said:

#2 PFF ranked Defensive Lineman!  Behind Grady Jarrett.  What do they have in common?

4 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Was gonna say contract year, but Jarrett just got paid this offseason. They both wear 97?

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

High school wrestling champs?

I"m unsure about high school wrestling champs...

But...both Clark and Jarrett played against Bradbury at center.  Bradbury who is the #32 ranked center according to PFF.  Bradbury who posts a 0 score for pass blocking.  I'm unsure if Bradbury is that bad, or if those two are that good, or a combination.  I know Clark is quite good, but I don't know much about Jarrett's game.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I"m unsure about high school wrestling champs...

But...both Clark and Jarrett played against Bradbury at center.  Bradbury who is the #32 ranked center according to PFF.  Bradbury who posts a 0 score for pass blocking.  I'm unsure if Bradbury is that bad, or if those two are that good, or a combination.  I know Clark is quite good, but I don't know much about Jarrett's game.

Jarretts a beast. The only way it could get worse for Bradbury is if he had to go against Fletcher Cox or Aaron Donald in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Jarretts a beast. The only way it could get worse for Bradbury is if he had to go against Fletcher Cox or Aaron Donald in the next few weeks. 

Thanks for that.

Anyone else notice just how much we are playing Kenny straight up on the nose through the first two games?