Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I know it’s entirely too early to talk 2020 draft, but I’m curious if I got this correct...

-traded Montgomery for 7th rounder

-traded McCray for 7th rounder

-traded Reggie Gilbert for 7th rounder

-traded trevor Davis for 6th rounder

-traded for Goodson for swap of 7th rounders 

am I missing something?

43 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

I know it’s entirely too early to talk 2020 draft, but I’m curious if I got this correct...

am I missing something?

We’re gonna have 37 6th-7th round picks and use them all to move up into the first. Just like that guy who traded his way up from a paperclip to a Porsche on Craigslist.  

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

We’re gonna have 37 6th-7th round picks and use them all to move up into the first. Just like that guy who traded his way up from a paperclip to a Porsche on Craigslist.  

I think he got a house or something  

I got unreasonably mad at that guy because he told people what his end goal was. He didn’t just bargain his way up, he found people who wanted to participate in a meme

8 hours ago, n8ghee said:

am I missing something?

McCray is just a swap of 7ths.

We have 3 7ths, 2 6ths.

Rob Demovsky:  Za’Darius Smith said yesterday he was treating the entire defense dinner last night. Guys asked him: “Z, what’s the limit?’ There was none, and Smith said the bill was about $5,000 at Republic Chophouse in Green Bay -- not as bad as he thought.

43 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman:  Aaron Rodgers and Chad Johnson chatting in the locker room today. Wonder if he has a couple snaps left in him.

41 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rob Demovsky:  Za’Darius Smith said yesterday he was treating the entire defense dinner last night. Guys asked him: “Z, what’s the limit?’ There was none, and Smith said the bill was about $5,000 at Republic Chophouse in Green Bay -- not as bad as he thought.

Twitter?

Pocket lint for Z, nicely done though.  I would have your best bone in rib-eye with a loaded bake tater, steamed greens, a bottle of your finest, and a pint of crème brulee.  Or a whole apple pie and a pint of vanilla ice cream.

I liken the adding of all these late picks to happenstance.  Get something when you can.  Swap rather than cut.  At the same time, we won't get any comp picks next year.  We are in the process of acquiring some. 

54 minutes ago, Leader said:

I need to know the tip before I form an opinion on this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Shoulda went to Applebees and saved $4500.

• Like 3